No announcement yet.

How has TBH impacted your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an awesome thread!! It is hard to put into words what this place means to me. I've been here since way before the big crash, got to know giants like Tuthdoc, GR5, Rsatt, and so many others who are not with us any longer... I have met so, so many great men and women (and kids too) through my association with TBH, that I otherwise would have never met... folks from all different walks of life, yet we're all drawn together through a common love for the outdoors, bow hunting, and camaraderie, and just enjoying one another and all our different quirks, characteristics, and antics... It truly is like a community or even family... we fuss, fight, and mess with one another, but when the chips are down, you witness something that is truly unique in the world as far as I know it. I don't remember the details, but the dangdest thing I ever witnessed was the thread where someone was logging on that lived "up north" maybe Michigan only to tell everyone that he'd be offline for a while because he and his wife had both lost their jobs and were going to have to move and try to find work and a new place to live... This might have even been back before the big crash in '06, don't remember, but before it was all over with, that guy and his family (had small school age kids) were moved to Texas, was given a job, got his wife a job (I think she was a teacher or something), got the kids into school and someone had a mobil home on a deer lease that one TBH'er let them move into to get started... There wasn't a soul on this forum that knew these folks before that incident! Yet, this community literally gave this family a new life in Texas!! I've tried searching for that thread 2 or three times and never been able to find it, but that made a life long lasting impression on me and solidified the desire for me to be a positive contributing member if such a community.

Like Ronnie (Rsatt) used to say, "Lotta good folks here."...

Thank you Michael and the mod-crew for all you do to keep this community what it is through just the right touch of flexibility and firmness in principals. God Bless y'all.

Comment

I've met some good people from here, had some good fishing trips, found answers to a few problems I couldn't figure out (one in particular with HCTRA), and had countless positive classified transactions with not a single negative. Great place with great people.

Comment

found a good taxidermist and got some great info for a bighorn hunt

Comment

TBH has had a great impact on my life. Been on here since 07, and pretty much the only people I hunt with are from TBH. Got to dove hunt in Mexico with Mexico because of this site. My deer lease is basically because of this place and all the members are members here. Really glad I found this community.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Too many ways to list.

Most good.

A few bad.

Comment

Bow hunting filled a void in my life, that something that was missing. When I was just getting started I found this forum. In 2005 I found my deer lease here. This has become my sanctuary in life, I have raised my family there and made my best friends in the world there, not to mention some awesome bow hunting opportunities. So for me the impact has been huge. Thank you TBH!

PS - Also got my tracking dog here.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not sure why the Freddy Fender song, Wasted Days and Wasted Nights popped into my hear when reading the title, lol.

Seriously though, I have met a number of really good people on this forum. One has even turned into a pretty good runnin' buddy. The wealth of excellent knowledge in this place is remarkable. I dont use google, I use the TBH search function first! Thanks Michael, Mary and the rest of the crew.

Comment

Met tons of really good people. And because they are good people, it's cost me tons of cash when i find something i want in the classifieds.

Otherwise, had lots of good experiences, leases, events and such due to this sight and again, the people.

The support here is something else. From weston to macie, and all those who have had troubles, it never ceases to amaze me how total strangers band together around each other.

Sent from my SM-T837A using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone I have met on here seem to be great people. I know some folks have had issues with things they have bought in classifieds etc but everyone I have dealt with seem to be solid honest people and have done exactly what they said they would. I’ve had total strangers offer to give me things or help me in some way and that says a lot. Some of the people I’ve met on here have done some mighty nice things to help me when they didn’t have to and that says a lot. I hope I get the chance to return the favors.

Comment

All the tbh folks I ve meet in person have been top notch. Many othets have been very kind to me thru this media we share. I hope to meet more tbhers in person in the future and expect the same results.
                      Lots of DIY projects that I like to look at. Bought and sold stuff with good transactions. And who doesn't love a good Bobcat mount thread!

Comment

I have learned a lot about ghost trailer mirrors and huge diesel stacks. ��

Comment

I’ve met some great people off here that will be friends for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X