No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you guys that are seeing cruisers and have all these scrapes showing up hunting? SE Texas (i.e. Newton, Jasper, Tyler, Polk counties)?

Neither place I hunt has anything remotely rutty going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Where are you guys that are seeing cruisers and have all these scrapes showing up hunting? SE Texas (i.e. Newton, Jasper, Tyler, Polk counties)?

Neither place I hunt has anything remotely rutty going on.
      Houston co. Tons of scrapes here. The buck I shot was hounding does hard. Have seen 5 buck fights in three days.

Comment

Shane, I'd leave it up to Ryland, but make it very clear to him that if he likes the deer and wants to shoot him, that it's OK and even encourage him to shoot him... Ain't many folks hunting east Texas with a bow that took a 4 year old buck as a first bow buck! He's a heck of a lot bigger than my first bow buck (a gnarly old spike (3 point))!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Houston co. Tons of scrapes here. The buck I shot was hounding does hard. Have seen 5 buck fights in three days.
          That blows me away. I hunt in Trinity and Anderson Counties and have seen nothing remotely like that in either place.

Comment

I hunted last weekend in Beaumont and watched a 8 pointer make a scrape from about 20 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Around my corn pens... if there is a branch they can make a scrape under there is a scrape there.

Comment

I got a good feeling I’ll have daylight pics of “main Event” by Tuesday..... but I can’t hunt that wind at all. I”’ve got a tree that the wind would work, but absolutely no way to get into it without showing my hand, especially if I’m wrong and have to come out with a full quiver. Long season, I’ll just bite my lip and wait to strike. In years past, youth season and Halloween he has always been callable and killable

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I hunted last weekend in Beaumont and watched a 8 pointer make a scrape from about 20 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I could definitely see Jefferson County being hot right now. They rut a bit earlier down there do they not?

Comment

I’m in Tyler county and have had a trail camera set up on a pipeline crossing since July. I’ve only had doe and pig pics all summer long. I got my first pic of a buck this evening which makes me think the boys are leaving their home ranges and starting to explore.

Comment

Around my corn pens... if there is a branch they can make a scrape under there is a scrape there.

I see the same thing, my mega corn piles will be surrounded by scrapes and you can usually see large areas where a fight occurred to settle pecking orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Shane, I'd leave it up to Ryland, but make it very clear to him that if he likes the deer and wants to shoot him, that it's OK and even encourage him to shoot him... Ain't many folks hunting east Texas with a bow that took a 4 year old buck as a first bow buck! He's a heck of a lot bigger than my first bow buck (a gnarly old spike (3 point))!
                        Yes sir. That's pretty much what I said. Hes bigger than my first bow buck as well.

We got some scrapes rolling but the bucks I saw this weekend didnt seem rutty. The wife was in limestone over the weekend and got good video of bucks fighting just off the porch. The biggest 2 of the 6 bucks they watched chased all day in the yard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We aren't seeing any scrapes at our place between Grapeland and Elkhart yet. Some of the younger bucks were still traveling together on Friday. I expect that to change this week though.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

That blows me away. I hunt in Trinity and Anderson Counties and have seen nothing remotely like that in either place.
                            Really I hunt trinity and scrape's are everywhere

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I agree with with this old man [emoji1787]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

That is how it is where I hunt in northern Anderson County. Scrapes everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X