No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I finally got test results back after 6 days. Both negative. So DIL's, 4 grandkids, and 1 son ended up positive. All are doing fine. One DIL had pretty high fever and loss of taste/smell. She's on the mend. The 5 month old granddaughter had low fever. 3 other grandkids were fine. Oldest son felt like he had a big weight on his chest and trouble breathing for a while but he's better now. The other DIL gave birth while positive. The hospital hadn't had that happen before and wasn't sure what to do. They have been wearing a mask at home at with the baby. I think everyone will be good.

Comment

Nobody in this household is getting tested, luckily we've all had fever before so we know how to deal with it

Comment

Last edited by Jkkj; 07-06-2020, 06:17 AM. Reason: Link didn’t work

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
          I don't know about the hotel deal. Isn't the incubation period up to 2 weeks before symptoms? If so they are already exposed. Or is it not infectious until you start showing symptoms? Either way, I hope everyone gets better quick. Prayers up for all of you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
          We hit fish camp on Thursday, wife was feeling bad all day and had headaches all week long since Monday but wanted to spend the 4th down there for her birthday. Thursday night popped a fever, ran fever nonstop til Saturday night even with Tylenol every 4 hours. No hotels for us, same bed and all and she got plenty of hugs for her birthday. Figure if she's got it there's zero chance I hadn't already been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
            I don't know about the hotel deal. Isn't the incubation period up to 2 weeks before symptoms? If so they are already exposed. Or is it not infectious until you start showing symptoms? Either way, I hope everyone gets better quick. Prayers up for all of you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
            Not quite. Most show symptoms within 3-5 days and 5 days is considered the incubation benchmark. The 14 days is used because they can rule out cases 99% of the time two weeks out.

Comment

My wife is also in health care... She tested positive last Monday... slight fever for a few days and a little congestion and loss of taste/smell... 3 other adults and two kids ages 7 and 9 years old in the house... nobody else sick. We are not interacting with her any more than necessary, but we didn't feel the need to move out either. We're all healthy adults (I'm actually technically in the high risk category being "old"). If we get it, we get it... To protect my office/employees, I got them all tested/negative and I'm working from home...

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                Nobody in this household is getting tested, luckily we've all had fever before so we know how to deal with it
                It’s a bit more than a fever....

Comment

I think I'm over it for the most part, and don't even have my official results back yet . It's been a week since I started showing symptoms, and the only noticeable things I have right now are loss of taste & smell. I've been feeling less & less tired day by day, and haven't had a fever since Wednesday. I'm planning on getting tested again early next week to see if I can come out of my hole. Work on the other hand, is a different story . Fourteen day quarantine from the date of getting positive results, then two negative tests, back to back days. So really, from the day I started showing symptoms, it's going to end up being at least a three week quarantine from work. Whatever I guess. I'm supposed to be going on vacation the last week of this month, so I'm already planning on not going back into the office before then.

Comment

Fellow lieutenant here at the Sheriff's Office (healthy 50 year old) is in icu with a ventilator. Fever of 105 for a few days before he got hospitalized. I hope he bounces back.

Comment

Dangit

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Fellow lieutenant here at the Sheriff's Office (healthy 50 year old) is in icu with a ventilator. Fever of 105 for a few days before he got hospitalized. I hope he bounces back.
                      I hate these stories

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        This stuff ain't no joke...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                        Hate to hear that and hopefully you start feeling better soon. What meds do they have you on?

Comment

I cannot imagine not going and getting a hotel if I was in direct contact with a positive . Hell I would go spend a couple nights in a hotel with a a stomach bug though.No sense in everyone being miserable. **** to be quite honest that’s where I would rather be and left alone. Hell the one kid on here was locked down to the closet. Thanks but no thanks. If other family members show symptoms while I’m gone well I will check out and we will ride it out together. Are the majority going to get it.. probably. Do we all need to be miserable hell no.

Comment

I track the cases here at work. We have close to 300 employees, out of those 300 we have had 20 test positive. All ranging from asymptomatic, allergy-like symptoms to flu-like symptoms. Luckily, no one from our company has been hospitalize or worse. I deal with this virus daily since it took first off. I talk about it more than I would like.

Comment

My Son tested positive and has all the classic symptoms, sleeps all day, body aches, no taste/smell, etc.

We had contact before he was quarantined last Monday and we all tested Negative on Saturday. Even his GF tested Negative, so I am now concerned about the test accuracy. At this point, we are just locked down and on the lookout for symptoms.

From everything, I have read here, and other places, the medical community is just having a tough time figuring this one out. Some therapy works better before symptoms and then makes things worse after and vice-versa. The scary thing about Kung-Flu is the range of symptoms from none to death and all of the unknowns.

Stay safe yall. I am praying for everyone dealing with this.

Comment

I just got "swabbed".....that seems like a non fitting word for what just happened.

Pretty sure I screamed for my mother....or a set of words that had mother in it...

I think water boarding is more appropriate

"I just got water boarded for Corona"...

Frik

Comment

Working...
                                X