Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    are ya'll coughing up mucus or just a hard dry cough? Also are you sleeping a lot from having no energy or motivation?
    Mine was an all dry cough (no fever) & the exhaustion was the absolute worse of all the symptoms that lasted about two weeks...wife started off with a dry cough & only a fever / exhaustion for a couple days, but ended up w/ the snots when she was clearing up.

I personally think these minor cases most are gonna catch will be different for each person depending on their immune systems.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
      are ya'll coughing up mucus or just a hard dry cough? Also are you sleeping a lot from having no energy or motivation?

For the first week it was a dry cough. 2 days ago I started hacking crap up. I have been extremely tired. Also have a hard time sleeping at night .

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Did your employer require a negative test to go back to work? The reason I'm asking is the virus can stay in your body for several days after you are no longer contagious. All the medical people I have talked to say they only require 10 to 14 days with the last 3 with no signs or fever while not taking medicine.
        Yes. 2 negative tests.

Comment

My wife was real sick in Jan before everyone knew about Covid. The clinic tested her for flu said it was negative and sent her home with cold pac and antibodiotics. I never showed any symptoms. Both tested positive for the anti bodies in March so I assume that is what she had

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            You’ve never been quite right anyway

Hope y’all stay healthy
            Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Yes. 2 negative tests.
            Luckily you tested negative, my wife has a coworker that had it 6 weeks ago and was on a vent for 6 days that tested a couple of days ago and is showing positive with no signs. The doctors say she's not contagious.

Comment

Fortunately, none of my friends and relatives got sick on COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by bobokat View Post
                Fortunately, none of my friends and relatives got sick on COVID.
                Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  Luckily you tested negative, my wife has a coworker that had it 6 weeks ago and was on a vent for 6 days that tested a couple of days ago and is showing positive with no signs. The doctors say she's not contagious.
                  I would question the judgement of the doctor and see what study he found that lead to that conclusion.

Comment

my friend's 90 y/o grandmother. And she got through it and is doing great.

Comment

I was talking with a friend this morning and he got a text saying his BIL tested positive for it. He's comment was......not surprised he is part of the under 40 club that wasnt taking it seriously and was doing plenty of socializing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        I would question the judgement of the doctor and see what study he found that lead to that conclusion.
                        It's well known and documented with the cdc. The virus cells can linger for several days to weeks. The tests are very sensitive and will still pick it up just like the flu test, they don't retest a flu test for the same reason. Just fyi my wife coworkers are all in ther medical field.

Comment

How is everyone getting rapid testing so quickly? My stepson came down with symptoms two days ago. We were able to get him into the local doc for a test but they said results would be 10 plus days out. All of the CVS, Walgreens, and other testing sites are out at least until July 8-10. I thought we were in a better place with testing until this hit close to home.

Comment

I've read some interesting things about the reliability of the field tests and the probability of false positives. Per some tweets from Elon Musk, some have seen false positives anywhere from 5-50%

With testing 600k per day, those false positives add up

Comment

is it just me or does it seem every test now ends up positive?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                                I've read some interesting things about the reliability of the field tests and the probability of false positives. Per some tweets from Elon Musk, some have seen false positives anywhere from 5-50%

With testing 600k per day, those false positives add up
                                The National Guard is testing nursing homes in smaller towns. They had 34 positive cases in one, so the local hospital tested them, and all 34 were negative. NG came back out and confirmed they were wrong. Do you think they took those off the books? Same thing happened in another town, but I did not hear specific numbers.

And you can bet your life that guys taking tests to get back to work, and getting multiple positives after they've gotten over the virus....are all going toward the positive cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X