Thieves strike again in Beaumont....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
    Its the contractor parking lots that get hit right?

I sure havent seen it happen inside the facility on our side of the gate.
    Not strictly “contractor” parking but I would say it is primarily parking lots that you don’t actually pass through the main gate/fence of the actual plant. That would be some pretty stealthy folks to be able to make it inside the plant and steal wheels without anybody seeing or stopping them. Lol

Comment

Buddy of mine works at a plant in pasadena and someone stole his coworkers new truck right out of the parking lot...

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
        Buddy of mine works at a plant in pasadena and someone stole his coworkers new truck right out of the parking lot...
        Thats Pasadena for you. Of course I’m not surprised to see the OP’s post from Beaumont either. Beaumont used to be a nice place to live...not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          Don’t think the parking lot is Twic . Just have to have it to enter the facility.Atleast that’s how my plant it .
          I'm not sure how they get away not being twic.. our plant is 2 miles from the river but we are twic because we have a dock on the river.. the whole facility is twic...

Comment

People were doing that in our neighborhood at night. One day I drove down the road, saw a truck on blocks, thought hey, he probably got some new rims and just didn't get them on. Truck was on jacks. Turned out they stole them that night. Security cam showed them in and out in under 2 minutes.

I am 95% sure it was someone in our neighborhood, because as soon as it got reported on the neighborhood page, it stopped. Any shady characters your BIL works with?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Gotta be a ton of video in that facility? [emoji15]Any chance it was a prank? Just hard to phantom......no guards patrolling?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              No prank. They have hit our refinery the same way. Most of the time in broad daylight. They know those plant baws have some nice rigs. Funny thing is.... security never seems to have any video unless it is of an employee doing something they should not be doing. My belief is part of it is an inside job. Employee at facility tipping off the thieves on areas and vehicles to hit.

Some vehicles stolen from our refinery were recovered in S Texas on their way to Mexico.

Comment

We have it happen in NW Houston off and on, at one point it was rampant. Seems they really targeted the 20"+ Chevy wheels.

Comment

Inside job for sure

Probably guard on "20min break"

There was a group hitting new lots from Shreveport to DFW a few years ago. Come in and steal all the wheels and tires off of several on a lot. I think they finally caught them

Comment

Born and raised in Beaumont. It's not the same as when i was a kid.

Comment

I think someone needs to go hunting. Put out a nice truck with big on wheels (feeder). Set up and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                        Not strictly “contractor” parking but I would say it is primarily parking lots that you don’t actually pass through the main gate/fence of the actual plant. That would be some pretty stealthy folks to be able to make it inside the plant and steal wheels without anybody seeing or stopping them. Lol
                        Quite sure that’s not the employee parking lot and is contractor only.

Comment

Time for a live hunt thread. Strap a cell phone game camera in the wheel well to notify you when they get the next set. You'll need to be quick because it doesn't take them long.

Comment

Sure glad my high country is the next generation body style with a new PCM that after market hasn't been able to break the code on yet. Also I have locking lug nuts. Might slow them down some. My catback Borlas will wake me up and cause bullets to fly.

Comment

In the middle of the day? That takes some balls. Inside job for sure.

Comment

This has been going on for months further south Texas city chocolate bayou Freeport Sweeney same MO things get hot and they move on only to return a few months later and start all over and only seem to be targeting plants all in the middle of the day or right after shift change in the morning Plant I’m at has had 4-5 trucks taken and numerous rims and tires

Comment

Working...
                                X