Anxiety chest pains ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    No caffeine for 3 weeks. Been off work for 2 weeks averaging 8-10 hours a night. Eating has been good. This year I started at 277 pounds and 2 week ago I was 223.
    Then take some caffeine, have a shot or two, and live it up. Haha

Seriously though, I've had the same feeling around my chest for well on 5-7 years now, and I get a full (and I mean full) physical exam every year from work, and mine always comes out good. I wouldn't say it's cardiac related, but more so anxiety induced. You're already taking it seriously, so I'd keep checking things out, but so long as blood work and the diagnostic test come back clear, I'd encourage you to try to relax and enjoy the days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Went through the same thing. Chest pain and thought I was dying. It call came back and pointed to anxiety and stress. Finally after 6.5 years I have gained relief and learned to relax. I went through all the tests as well and even ended up with a 15K implanted heart monitor because of all the skipped beats and PVCs. Have been monitored over a year and no problems besides the goofy skipped beats I get.

Comment

Years ago, I was stressed at work and had an anxiety attack and experience the same situation. I also have seen people think they have heart issues and it is gall badder issues.

Please note I am not a MD nor do I stay in Holiday Inns often !!

Comment

Years ago, I was stressed at work and had an anxiety attack and experience the same situation. I also have seen people think they have heart issues and it is gall badder issues.

Please note I am not a MD nor do I stay in Holiday Inns often !!

Comment

Stress can absolutely cause some chest pain.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
              Get your gall bladder checked, my chest hurt everyday for two years before my dumb***** went in. Gall bladder removed, game changer.
              agreed get it checked, I had a gall bladder attack went to the er and had an arterior gram ( forgive my spelling) everything was very good ,, changed my diet quit eating so much fried chicken and never had another issue

Comment

I get pains like you are describing when somethings upsets me. Either mad or sad. Its scary sometimes. Years ago, I was riding my motorcycle when I got a chest pain so bad I almost couldn't keep riding. Went to the closest ER. They ran a bunch of tests and then came in and gave me 2 GasX tablets and a coke to drink. After a couple of minutes I belched like you've never seen. I had a pocket of gas built up in my chest.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I just got off the phone with a cousin who is an RN for a Gastroenterologist out of town. She said gallbladder usually tends to disrupt the right side of the chest but it could disrupt the left as well. I’ll hopefully be getting it checked in the near future.

Comment

I've been having some of the same issues over the past year. I still smoke and have been cutting back. Then I got some Nic Gum and that stuff sent my body into freak out mode. Went into the emergency room and had them run blood, EKG, etc. The gum was getting to me. Stress was the other factor. I've been working to lose weight and eat better, but I had a few moments last week. I went to the ranch, beat the crap outta myself with all the chores, and now feel much better. Getting old sucks (40). Hope you get to feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      I’d put my money on stuff connected in the sternum area like the xiphoid or from the nerves and muscles between the shoulder blades.
                      Thats what mine was. Diagnosed as costochondritis. Had prolotherapy on it and it pretty much fixed it. I still get episodes every now and then but nothing like it was before and that was 12 years ago.

Comment

It is a stressful time whether we think we are being affected by it or not, lot of uncertainty going on in the world.

I am no doctor but have been through ALL kinds of heart related tests because of my history and some heart issues I have. PVCs, valve prolapse, high BP, electrical delay across the heart. Sounds to me like you have either stress induced pain or muscle related pain from the back, shoulders or chest area.

Praying you find some answers.

I remember I pulled some muscles around my sternum wrestling with my son and it took a couple weeks for those things to heal. My breathing kept them irritated so they could not heal quickly. It was constant pain right next to my heart, scary feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          Thats what mine was. Diagnosed as costochondritis. Had prolotherapy on it and it pretty much fixed it. I still get episodes every now and then but nothing like it was before and that was 12 years ago.
                          My condition(s) were aggravated by bench press, dips, and pull ups. I have a ton of scar tissue also. I still exercise but I have to stretch real good and focus on relaxing my shoulders.

Comment

My husband began experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath, also at age 38. We had just lost a child to cancer after having gone through 18 months of treatment with him where every day was a day of high stress. He was steady as a rock through the whole ordeal, however, about a month after the funeral, he began developing chest pains (or, that’s when he finally told me about them). Turns out his chest pains were due to stress.

Now, why he experienced a stress reaction after the period of stress was over, I couldn’t say. But, like you, all his tests came back negative and, after that, the chest pain went away. In an odd way, I think knowing his chest pain was “only” related to anxiety helped him to calm down and the pain went away.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine whose husband had been diagnosed with MS. After five years of caring for him herself, she began developing chest pain. Hers were were also anxiety induced and, if I were to guess, additionally exacerbated by exhaustion and depression.

As for the gallbladder, isn’t it on the opposite side of the chest cavity from the heart? I had a gallbladder problem several years ago. While I had chest pain, it was localized and nowhere near the heart. It was also accompanied by constant nausea, particularly in the presence of food odor. Had my gallbladder taken out and, within a week, my symptoms returned. Long story short: I was experiencing a histamine reaction to a new medication (migraine) I was trying.

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?
                            Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 06-10-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

About two years ago (I'm 45 now) I started experiencing shortness of breath, chest pains, and skipped heart beats.

In January of this year I went to my Doc who thought it was anxiety but wanted me to go to a Cardio Doc just to make sure I was ok.

Turns out, it was anxiety. My heart is fine.

After having all the tests come back clean, my anxiety went way down.

I started my own business two years ago. That was the stresser.

Oh, and stay hydrated. Dehydration was also causing more stress on my body. That, along with work stuff, made for an interesting ride.

The strange part is, I didn't think I was all that worried about anything. The stress level did not seem more than usual. I think I was just used to carrying large amounts of stress and just didn't notice.

Comment

There used to be an old saying “Karate men bruise on the inside”. The weird thing is supposedly there is some truth to this as they have found people that carry the “warrior gene” to have that very scenerio. Evidently something to do with prioritization and compartmentalization.

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                                My husband began experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath, also at age 38. We had just lost a child to cancer after having gone through 18 months of treatment with him where every day was a day of high stress. He was steady as a rock through the whole ordeal, however, about a month after the funeral, he began developing chest pains (or, that’s when he finally told me about them). Turns out his chest pains were due to stress.

Now, why he experienced a stress reaction after the period of stress was over, I couldn’t say. But, like you, all his tests came back negative and, after that, the chest pain went away. In an odd way, I think knowing his chest pain was “only” related to anxiety helped him to calm down and the pain went away.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine whose husband had been diagnosed with MS. After five years of caring for him herself, she began developing chest pain. Hers were were also anxiety induced and, if I were to guess, additionally exacerbated by exhaustion and depression.

As for the gallbladder, isn’t it on the opposite side of the chest cavity from the heart? I had a gallbladder problem several years ago. While I had chest pain, it was localized and nowhere near the heart. It was also accompanied by constant nausea, particularly in the presence of food odor. Had my gallbladder taken out and, within a week, my symptoms returned. Long story short: I was experiencing a histamine reaction to a new medication (migraine) I was trying.

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X