X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market manipulation at its finest

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
      Have any of you guys bought VSTO? I would think this one could be a good one to watch with ammo sales being what they are and the company has other sporting goods products as well
      small position that I'm holding. it made such a big run over the last year that most of the money has already been made. not even sure what my target is at this point. It's kinda of an insurance position at this point as it should rise if things get weirder in 2021 than they were in 2020, which I feel is a good possibililty.

Comment

Curious if you had $1500 to play with what would y’all look into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
          Could the hedge funds just short gamestop right now and make some of their money back on the ride down?
          That is exactly what seems to be going on right now, GME is still shorted at well over 100% of available stocks. It will come down eventually, the question is can the short sellers hold out, and keep paying interest on their borrowed shares versus the retail buyers who want to keep the stocks high. If that happens then the short squeeze, borrowers forced to buy back their stocks at the higher price, is on and many think that won't happen till Friday or early next week.

We have already seen one large hedge fund that will likely declare bankruptcy over this. We will see how many more fall.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Frustrating - but with everything headed towards what it was headed towards, it was inevitable.

Robinhood should go extinct for what they did.

Apparently AOC and Cruz agree that what Robinhood did is illegal. Already a class action against Robinhood forming. There will be a lot of collateral damage from this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              That is exactly what seems to be going on right now, GME is still shorted at well over 100% of available stocks. It will come down eventually, the question is can the short sellers hold out, and keep paying interest on their borrowed shares versus the retail buyers who want to keep the stocks high. If that happens then the short squeeze, borrowers forced to buy back their stocks at the higher price, is on and many think that won't happen till Friday or early next week.

We have already seen one large hedge fund that will likely declare bankruptcy over this. We will see how many more fall.
              Ive heard Friday is a big day to hold til ... Just from what I'm reading.

Comment

Tomorrow the short sellers (for GME, at least) will have to cover their short options by buying the stocks at market price, making the stock rise. I may be missing a step but that is the gist of it, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Apparently AOC and Cruz agree that what Robinhood did is illegal. Already a class action against Robinhood forming. There will be a lot of collateral damage from this

The only winners will be the Lawyers representing each side.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Yeah, not so much. Her response was "you tried to have me murdered 2 weeks ago... maybe you should sit this one out.

Want to be helpful...resign."

Unity

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      Yeah, not so much. Her response was "you tried to have me murdered 2 weeks ago... maybe you should sit this one out.

Unity
                      What a c-word. People like her (hyperpartisans) are huge part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post

Unity
                        Just saw that - what a joke. Differences need to be put aside for something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Are there other apps like Robinohood where I can monitor and buy/sell instantly?

Can I get it over to another platform without selling everything and paying short term capital gains?
                          Anyone?

Comment

Webull
                            @WebullGlobal
                            UPDATE: GME, AMC, and KOSS are no longer restricted.
                            1:35 PM · Jan 28, 2021·Twitter Web App
                            Retweets

Comment

Message on Robinhood-

Am I at risk of loosing the money I have at Robinhood (mostly in stocks with a little buying cash on the side) if they go south?

Comment

Stock Markets

No I wouldn't think so. However, I wouldn't want my money there on principle alone.

Wonder how many of the hedges were able to close their positions and get off the hook because these platforms put us in time-out while they were allowed to continue trading?

Essentially, they didn't do this to "protect" the little guy. They did it to give their cronies a way out, in the process screwing us.

Comment

Working...
                                X