No announcement yet.

Pheasant Hunting in South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went a few weeks ago, Thunderstik in Chamberlain…great hunt, great lodge. Tons of birds, my shoulder was tore up after three days of hunting!

Good waterproof boots, canvas pants and some orange. It was HOT when we were there, but probably cooled down a bit by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pheasant Hunting in South Dakota

I never did come back and update this. We had an absolute blast. Hunted with Craig Lyon. Good lodging and his mom is a phenomenal cook. Especially the honey butter.

Also visited Pete’s as recommended. Pretty cool spot. Saw the largest typical 8pt I’ve ever seen. Had to have been over 175”.

Because of covid, the school was closed. So his daughters got to come with us.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

ROOSTER!!!

You will hear this a lot. I hunted right there 3 years running about 20 years ago. Getting a limit wasnt a problem. Enjoy, you will have a blast(pun).

Also, just for fun if you have your buddies hunting next to you, when a rooster flushes yell HEN so they dont raise up. By the time they figure out it is a rooster, you are already dropping it!
          Last edited by rtp; 09-30-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

This will be my 5th year in a row going to Pierre. It's by far my favorite hunt of the year. We have got our limit every year, private land.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              I never did come back and update this. We had an absolute blast. Hunted with Craig Lyon. Good lodging and his mom is a phenomenal cook. Especially the honey butter.

Also visited Pete’s as recommended. Pretty cool spot. Saw the largest typical 8pt I’ve ever seen. Had to have been over 175”.

Because of covid, the school was closed. So his daughters got to come with us.

How was the prairie dog shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                How was the prairie dog shooting?

He took us to a couple small towns near the lodge just so we could kill a few hrs. I wouldn’t saying we were blasting away or anything, but It was fun.

Comment

Sounds like we could have a TBH tailgate in SD! Looks like a lot of folks hunt in central SD and to the south. We've been going to Presho for a while now. Never a problem getting a limit. Snake Den lodge is greatness. Family run outfit and great peeps.
                  Good waterproof breathable boots, upland pants, layers and a few boxes of Fiocchi Golden Pheasant GPX's -nickel plated #5's and your set! Be safe and enjoy!
                  Never know on the weather so layering and options is a biggie. We hunt early November. Hunted in a t-shirt a few times and snowing the next. Be prepared in case the wind decides to blow...cuz it can be a booger!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    Nope but I want to. My mom in SD in the mid 50's
                    wait, WAIT !! She doesn't have on good walking boots, chaps, & layers.

(neat pic)

Comment

Son lives n Nebraska so I hunt every year, boots, socks & be ready to walk but fun times

Comment

Would like to start hunting up that way in Nebraska or SD. Would really like to just find some local Farmers and pay to hunt there land. We did this for several years in Oklahoma and it was always great.

Comment

Yeah I will Go with you, thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
                          X