No announcement yet.

McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we just missed that storm yesterday. Might have picked up a trace, but doubt it. Oh well, if we can get a little bit more soon, we will be in good shape. Should have a bunch of cameras deployed by weeks end! Going to be an interesting season.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Should have a bunch of cameras deployed by weeks end! Going to be an interesting season.
      My plan for cameras is two weeks from now and its killing me to wait that long LMBO!!

Comment

Farmlogs says .54 on our place. I'll take all we can get.

Comment

Farmlogs shows we got another 1/4" this morning...

I think those a little south and east of our location got a good bit more..

Comment

McMullen County Hunters Thread

We had a heck of a rain this morning. 1.9” or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by TildenHunter; 06-26-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

That's a cool picture

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna be a magical season in the brush [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  We had a heck of a rain this morning. 1.9” or so.

I was on the phone with Melisa over at Joes about 2:45 and she said they were getting a down pour [emoji106][emoji109]

Comment

So prototype for cellular trail cam. Made it this morning. 12v battery with solar charger. I will mount this on a 2" conduit over a T post. Conduit 10' long I'll put booster antenna at top of conduit. This plastic container is 15" x 20". What do ya think? The only concern I have is it's black, may scare deer? IDK?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post

So prototype for cellular trail cam. Made it this morning. 12v battery with solar charger. I will mount this on a 2" conduit over a T post. Conduit 10' long I'll put booster antenna at top of conduit. This plastic container is 15" x 20". What do ya think? The only concern I have is it's black, may scare deer? IDK?

The deer will get used to anything you put out there as long as it is stationary. You're gonna lose quite a bit of peripheral view because of the depth I think.

Comment

Well the picture is a little deceiving. The camera is roughly 8" off the back wall and 4" from flush with front of container. But as soon as I activate this camera it's first thing I'm gonna check [emoji106]

Comment

[QUOTE=sotx;14946708]Well the picture is a little deceiving. The camera is roughly 8" off the back wall and 4" from flush with front of container. But as soon as I activate this camera it's first thing I'm gonna check [emoji106]

Ahhhh. Pictures are definitely a little deceiving. That'll probably work great then!

Comment

Productive weekend, got seven cell cams set up, feeders topped off and ready for another protein run tomorrow.

Comment

Any thoughts on how to prevent this? In 10 years this pen has been here I've never had this problem until now.

Comment

I run a strand of barbed wire about 4-5" above panel. Seemed to help quite a bit. Once them cows get a taste for the cs its hard to keep them out!

Comment

Working...
                                X