Discount tire confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    No way in hell I’d run 4 ply tires on ranch roads. Or at all for that matter.

Well...we know you don’t run 10ply bc you can’t count that high! Reference: post regarding math.[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      Ok my curiosity got me to walk over to the barn

The door sticker says 265/70 is oem and psi is 35 front 45 rear It came off the dealer lot With 275/65 . 50 psi in all four

At 35/45 psi they sure aren’t a 10 ply tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never had a single problem out of DT. Make a appointment online and your in and out quick. I guess it depends on the store you use. Palestine store is super fast and do good work.

Comment

Discount tire confusion

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Overtightened them until they twisted. I had a flat, I couldn’t break the nuts loose. I couldn’t break them loose with a cheater.

They must have over torqued them. They always ran them up with the air wrench (not balls out) and torqued them with the torque wrench for me.

Comment

I’ve bought probably 20 sets of tires through Discount and have never had a problem even using multiple different stores. I’ve always been able to get them to meet or beat any deal I bring them.

Free flat repair, free rotation and balance. I’ve even had the adjust some tires out that they shouldn’t have simply by buying a warranty very for that tire even if I didn’t buy them at the purchase of the tire.

They have never given me a reason to not want to go back so I will continue to buy from them until they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Thanks to all the bitchin about them on here, I have never darkened their doors. I figure so much smoke gotta be a fire......

You should know by now that people around here like to ***** about anything.

Comment

Anytime I go to Discount Tire I never have a problem. Anytime my wife goes to Discount Tire they always try to sell her something she doesn't need. I have a problem with that I will never go back to Discount Tire.

Comment

My family and I only use Discount.
                  The last 2 trips for my daughter have been disappointing.
                  She had the tires rotated and when she got home I noticed 2 lug nuts missing.
                  I called them up and they said “they weren’t on there when we rotated them” I told them “well you’re the ones that installed the tires 5k miles ago, maybe your guy didn’t tighten them...” They took care of it.
                  Last week she went back for a rotation and they said they couldn’t rotate them because there was a cross threaded wheel stud. Once again I had to tell them “y’all are the only ones who touch the tires. If it’s cross threaded you did it”. They took care of it again.
                  As long as they keep taking care of me, I will continue using them.

Comment

I always used a local mom and pop shop. We recently moved and I’ve been using Discount. I only have a handful of visits under my belt, but I can’t complain. They’re been extremely helpful and nonissue with their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I’ve bought probably 20 sets of tires through Discount and have never had a problem even using multiple different stores. I’ve always been able to get them to meet or beat any deal I bring them.

Free flat repair, free rotation and balance. I’ve even had the adjust some tires out that they shouldn’t have simply by buying a warranty very for that tire even if I didn’t buy them at the purchase of the tire.

They have never given me a reason to not want to go back so I will continue to buy from them until they do.

Man, this is my experience as well. When we buy a new car or truck I go to discount and buy the certificates and have had nothing but good dealings with them.

Comment

At 10 minutes before closing on a Friday, I took in a flat ATV tire that needed a new stem and told them no rush, I would come back the next day and pick it up. The counter guy said wait a minute. He comes back a few minutes later with a new stem installed and fully inflated and said "here you go, no charge". Discount gets all my tire business.

Comment

I've never had any problem with DT. Mrs got jerked around one time, she called me in tears. Didn't take but a few minutes for me to find the regional manager so I rang him up. He immediately called and ripped that salesman a new one, right in front of my wife. She got a good discount for her trouble.

*rant* - I would never run "car" tires on a truck. A truck is a utility vehicle; simply put, it's a tool. A truck is not a fashion accessory, nor is it a status symbol. I don't need or want "cool" tires, I want durable tires that aren't splashy when I have a load in the bed, or while towing a heavy trailer. Nothing is scarier than mushy sidewalls while towing. Many half ton trucks come from the factory with car tires, I think that this is a cost saving measure on the manufacturers part (how they can justify saving a few dollars on a $50k or more truck, is not just irresponsible, that's just soulless). If you use your truck as a truck, and not just a yuppie status symbol, put some LT tires on it. */rant*
                          Last edited by Gummi Bear; 05-14-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I've been there more times than i can count. Waxahachie and McKinney stores are top notch from my experience so far.

Needed new tires on HD, called, ordered tires I wanted in the exact size i wanted, paid, they called me next day when the tires arrived, set appt that day, in and out under an hour while they were slammed.

<100 miles later at 5am i go to 3 psi while hauling 80mph down highway, laying on the ground in dress clothes i put 5 plugs in the sidewall to get me to work. They ordered, received, and replaced a $300 tire for free that same afternoon. I then get the option and decide to buy their road hazard on all 4. That was a real good outcome on the start to a bad day.

It will take a few issues to change my view of Discount.

Comment

They used to be awesome, now they suck. Argue with you and talk to you like you’re a complete idiot if you want anything but the stock sized and load rated tires run at the door sticker PSI.

I bought a Land Rover with a basically new set of Toyo highway tires on it. Ordered BFG A/T’s from their website and showed up to get them put on. They asked me why I was replacing my current tires when they still had good tread, I just stared at them and pointed to the BFG’s. They eventually got it but then acted like they weren’t going to mount them because they were 1” taller than stock, despite fitting with no mods and being the most common sized aftermarket tire for that vehicle. After I told them I’d pay if they didn’t fit, they agreed to do it.

I also told them I wanted the TPMS sensors removed as they didn’t work, and replaced with normal valve stems. “Ok, no problem.” Show back up when it’s ready and they left the TPMS sensors in, claiming it was illegal to remove them. Could have told me ahead of time that was their policy, or called when they realized it in the process. I showed them a statute that it isn’t if they aren’t intentionally disabling it (ie non-working system). Still no nice. I gave up and left.

Vehicle had a bad balance issue at 50-55 mph, shaking like a tire was out of round. Literally worse than 36” Super Swampers or 40” Ground Hawgs I’ve run on other vehicles, these are 32” BFG A/T’s. Called them back to set up a road force balance. “We road force balance all our tires, it’s going to ride different with E-rated tires.” Went there in person and they agreed to check them for free, two of them were WAY out.

Forgot that my prior experience to that at the other store in town was almost as bad. Blew out a sidewall in a drive through nearby, didn’t have a spare as the cable had broken. Jacked it up, rolled the blown out tire up there, they tell me the tires I’d bought a couple months before from them were discontinued and they couldn’t get one to match. Looked online and they were still available from several other places. I had one of my old unmounted tires off the rim at my shop, so a nice customer gave me a ride to pick it up. Rolled it in there next to the blown one that’s literally leaning against the tire machine and sit down to wait. 45 minutes later I ask the desk guy if they know when it might be ready, he tells me they are busy and it will be 2-2.5 hours. Manager overhears the conversation and that it’s off the vehicle sitting right in there and tells desk guy to go change it.

I’ve had great experiences with them for years, but I’ll be looking somewhere else in the future.
                              Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 05-14-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

discount tire is the one place i will not ever buy tires , i got tired of trying to,,,, the stores in Beaumont will not sell you what you want,, ever! i have been in numerous times over the years and asked for such and such a tire in a specific size ,,, they are to freaking dumb to even get a price and every one of them has refused to give a price unless i give them a vehicle and it's always the same stupid crap" that tire does not fit your vehicle, you need a size xyz",, or abc...
                                i have never been treated like that anywhere else,,,,,,, so i buy anywhere else... they could fold up and go out of business and i would never know it,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X