No announcement yet.

Paul Harvey's Rest of the Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandad listened to Paul Harvey religiously and as a kid I was bored to death but as an adult I love it.

Comment

Good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
        Good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Listened to him every day he came on.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

This is a really good story.

Dang man, awesome story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Just followed you on soundcloud. Love PH

Comment

My dad and I used to listen together. I miss those days!

Comment

I hoped that brought back memories for many, follow me on soundcloud or my face book Paul Harvey group page. The archives have 6 months of awesome stories. I have learned a ton of information. Glad to hear from everyone, it has been a while since I have posted. I have been a member since before the crash of 2006. It has grown for sure.

Comment

I’m young compared to the Paul Harvey days but I, to this day, remember hearing Paul Harvey and his “rest of the story” on the radio at the deer lease I grew up on. I still like to listen to old sound bytes as it reminds me of grandpa at the lease. It’s funny, the man that owned the place in Lometa on the Mills Co. line died and his family sold the place. Not long after grandpa died.Grandpa signed the first lease the summer I was born in ‘92 and we were on it 13 years. Crazy how a thread about a radio host will bring back those memories from a childhood.

Drove up to that gate not too many months ago and noticed the change (for the better) the owners have done to the place but I remember distinctly the drive to our half of that 800 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    There are three people that have passed, that I don't think will ever be replaced, Paul Harvey, Johnny Carson and Waylon Jennings.
                    Billy Graham.

Comment

I just posted this mornings episode, cool story about a private investigator.

Comment

Thanks for posting. It brings back so many memories of my childhood. Thank you

Comment

Always loved me some Paul Harvey. Tagged for later.

Used to love listening to him when he came on the radio when I was a kid in the 90s. Was always some new interesting story or tid bit of history that you wouldn't hear about anywhere else.

Comment

Thank you for doing this!
                            I grew up in my teens and early twenties listing to him on WBAP and always looked forward to hearing him!
                            Thanks again!

Comment

First ship I was on docked in the Navy Shipyard in Yokohama, Japan... Headed straight to the Seaman's Club first evening and walked in and yea, who was on the radio, but Paul Harvey! Felt right at home for a minute!
                              Many of his "rest of the story" bits were actually written by his son Paul Harvey Jr. Junior just did not have the delivery his dad did. Sad too, because he was every bit the master of the English Language and had the smarts... just could not deliver it on the Radio.... Now if he hadn't been PH Jr. and known because he was the son, perhaps he'd a have made it...
                              Kinda like ol' Hank Jr. When he first got started, everybody wanted him to do his dad's songs until one night he blasted the audience with "I ain't my dad!" Then proceeded to bring the house down with Hank Jr. stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X