No announcement yet.

The Fat G Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that place is starting to come together. following for sure.
    Great memories being made.

Comment

sounds like a productive weekend.

Comment

Got the replacement high pressure fuel line in yesterday. Installed it this morning, bled it, and the diesel fired up like a champ. We’ll haul it back to the lease on the next trip and probably have an education session on bleeding a diesel generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does that high fence ranch the "Lazy S Ranch" happen to be off dolen creek road?

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
            Does that high fence ranch the "Lazy S Ranch" happen to be off dolen creek road?

It is

Comment

I know the man that owns that place! he is a great guy, I have worked with him for the last 10 years.

Comment

Right on. I’ve never met anyone from the ranch yet. They’ve been doing a ton of dirt work lately. Clearing trees and fixing roads.

Comment

I have hunted with him a few times, there is elk in that area.

Comment

That’s the story we hear too, but there hasn’t been any sightings on our ranch since 2014.

Comment

wow, y'all are doin great work and havin tons of fun. that's what it's about. congrats n lookin forward to updates

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Lots of work in a short amount of time. I'm sure you are trying to get as much done before the real heat of the summer gets here.
                          Not to distract from what you are accomplishing but I hope you have something in writing for a long-term deal or that you get something out of the sale, if the landowner goes that route. Apparently there is a realtor that has keys to the gate and is actively trying to sell the property. I've just seen it happen too many times where a group gets on some land and does lots of improvements which makes it that much easier to sell.
                          Again, great things you have done so far and looking for more memories being shared.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                            Lots of work in a short amount of time. I'm sure you are trying to get as much done before the real heat of the summer gets here.
                            Not to distract from what you are accomplishing but I hope you have something in writing for a long-term deal or that you get something out of the sale, if the landowner goes that route. Apparently there is a realtor that has keys to the gate and is actively trying to sell the property. I've just seen it happen too many times where a group gets on some land and does lots of improvements which makes it that much easier to sell.
                            Again, great things you have done so far and looking for more memories being shared.

Definitely appreciate your concern and it was a concern of ours as well. We do have an agreement. The property was listed for sale before he agreed to lease it to us. He’s a man of his word and wanted to fulfill the agreement with the realtor. It expires in 13 days. The agreement we have is that if it sold, he would make us more than whole on any improvements and time spent. However, he bought another tract for us to hunt and we just talked today and he is looking at purchasing another 200 acre tract as well, so the odds he sells in the next two weeks is unlikely, although still a possibility.

Comment

Went out to the ranch again this past weekend. Had a buddy that needed to unplug and this place is perfect.

First evening hunt we got to eradicate some Barbado Sheep that have been mowing corn.

I fixed the plumbing that I broke the last time replacing the elevated tote.

We spent a half a day exploring the new acreage our landowner bought. It’s a good drive on the ranger to get there. Hasn’t been hunted in a long while. The road is all grown up. Pretty awesome piece though. The blinds are rough, but doable. It has a camp house that wouldn’t take much to get going as an overflow place to crash. Surprisingly one of the feeder’s timer, solar panel, and battery all worked, so we threw a few sacks in and let it spin. We are only going to run two setups at this spot.

Finished the interior of the cabin. (Minus trim) all that’s left is the ceiling, but it’ll do for now for sure. We hauled out the old twin over full bunk bed. Brought in another twin over twin that we reclaimed from the box truck. We will build one more set of twin over twin and with the fold up cots, we can sleep 8 comfortably with enough room to get around if it’s super cold or the weather is too bad to be on the deck.

I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with my son. We’re going to hunt the axis hard and not do much work that weekend.

Comment

Yall are putting in some work! Looking good. Question. Do y'all eat all the sheep? Never had them on a place or ate them.

Comment

Working...
                                X