Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Truck Tires for South Texas Ranch Roads/Senderos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live on gravel here in Iowa. Me and a lot of others run Falken Wildpeaks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My Ranch is more north south Texas being around Hondo and lots of contour. Some of the roads are just dirt, some are clay and rocks, the place is hard on tires.
      My ranch truck is a Ram 1500 I bought in 2005 and the first set of tires I put on it was BFG's AT's after 10 months I had 1 of the original 4 still on the truck, the all looked like rats had been chewing on them from the rocks. The rubber is to soft. Great in sand, mud and on the paved roads

Comment

On my ranch truck I started with Cooper M/T but they failed within the first year of strictly off road ranch use. Bead started separating from the sidewall and the warranty wasn't honored through Discount or Cooper, so no more of either one of those for me.

I replaced those tires with Nitto Trail Grapplers and haven't looked back. They survived some pretty harsh conditions in Rocksprings for a few years and have served me really well in Webb county since then for 4 seasons. They do great in the sloppy mess when you need it and have dealt with the oilfield roads on the ranch as well as the occasional "javelina bowling" through the mesquite. I've never put slime in them and never had a flat, knock on wood.

Also ran the same tires on my Dodge 2500 for several years on and off road with good results, typically 50k + miles with regular rotations. I'm running Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the F150 now with good results as far as ride/performance, they're supposed to be a 550k mile tire too, but can't vouch for that yet. So far the wear is good an I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter View Post
          I'm running Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the F150 now with good results as far as ride/performance, they're supposed to be a 550k mile tire too, but can't vouch for that yet. So far the wear is good an I like them.
          If I could get half that mileage on my F350 I’m in!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            Cooper STT pro.

This ^^^^^^^^^ on my second set in four years and not a flat one yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a lot of thorn in the sidewall flats with Goodyear Wrangler / Kevlar that came on my 2017 King Ranch. Replaced with the BFG AT. Supposed to have 8 ply with reinforced sidewall. I hunt in deep South Texas. Every bush has a thorn on it. The BFG ride good for an AT. I can see thorns sticking out of the sidewall, but no flats.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                If I could get half that mileage on my F350 I’m in!
                LOL- gave the ol' 5 a double-tap on that one

Comment

Ply rating is more important than brand .For years we ran off brand tires on ranch trucks and had very few flats. Even on half tons opt for 10 ply - E range . Huge difference over a stock tire.

Comment

Originally posted by youngSLY88 View Post
                    Nitto Ridge Grappler
                    X2. I moved from BFG to these because of the road noise. Nothing but good results and miles from Nitto Grapplers.

Comment

Stock kevlar GY on 150's are 6ply...the 10ply was standard on some 3/4 ton & a world of difference. Put almost 200k on these between two trucks & had great results.

Comment

Working...
                      X