Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Truck Tires for South Texas Ranch Roads/Senderos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt matter what tires you put on there..if you cant put in green goo then you will get a flat at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran a set of BFGs that were probably the longest lasting out of any. I have the Goodyear duratracs now and they seem to hold up well too.

Comment

Surprised by the BFG KO2 endorsements absolute worst tires I have ever put on a truck put them on a 15 Ram 2500 rotated every 5k got didn’t get 25k out of them worn down to the wear bars

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          Surprised by the BFG KO2 endorsements absolute worst tires I have ever put on a truck put them on a 15 Ram 2500 rotated every 5k got didn’t get 25k out of them worn down to the wear bars

Sorry to tell you bud but the problem wasn’t with the brand of tire.... [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang.

I just rotated mine recently with 71k miles on them and was told I have 70% of tread left.

OP: Mine have held up to uvalde county mesquites fine so far. As mentioned any tired will fall victim to a big enough mesquite thorn.

Comment

Maybe the truck , as my wife had a Toyota Tacoma, and she got
              80,000 miles on a set of bfg

What kind did you go with on replacement? And any luck with them , them Mexico made ram 2500 make me leery , my buddy had same problems on a ram and is selling because he lost his license do to bad eyesight
              Hecho Mexico
              Attached Files
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-10-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

BFGs are #1 and it's not really close.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you go with the Goodyear Wranglers shoot me a PM with size. We get a pretty good discount on Goodyear through work, I could send you a screenshot and Discount will normally price match it.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    Maybe the truck , as my wife had a Toyota Tacoma, and she got
                    80,000 miles on a set of bfg

What kind did you go with on replacement? And any luck with them , them Mexico made ram 2500 make me leery , my buddy had same problems on a ram and is selling because he lost his license do to bad eyesight
                    Hecho Mexico
                    Truck got hit and totaled not long after i put a set of Pathfinder At’s on it bought a 17 model Ram 2500 new on her third set of tires now originals were firestone got about 50k out of them replaced them with Pathfinder AT’s replaced them at about the 110k with another set of Pathfinders 130k now and plenty of life left on em

Comment

That’s been my experience too.
                      They’re great tires for 1/2 tons but the 3/4 and 1 tons seem to eat em up. Especially diesel.

I’ve had good luck with Nitto. Currently have ridge grapplers, was running Terra grapplers before that

Comment

BFG KO2's last about as long as any and they are the best performing AT tire you can get. They are pretty aggressive in case you get in a little mud also.

Comment

BFG KO2 for me. I got 84,000 miles out of my first set on a F-150.

Comment

I am on my 3rd set of Goodyear Wranglers with Kevlar and have not had one single flat since going with them I am a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by youngSLY88 View Post
                              Nitto Ridge Grappler
                              This

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like GY Kevlar, BFG AT, and Ridge Grapplers should all be considered.

Comment

Working...
                                X