Sipping Tequila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Where are you finding Sotol? I read about 2 Texas State Grad students that started a distillery using Sotol and can never find it at Specs or Total Wine.

Desert Door Distillery, my wife and I love it. Favorite drink is their ranch water. Sotul, Lime juice, and topo Chico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Don Julio 1942. If you want an "after dinner" sweet tequila, try Clase Azul Reposado. It's phenomenal and about 100 bucks or so for a bottle. It's so smooth you can guzzle it if you get bored sipping.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
        Another vote for Don Julio 1942. If you want an "after dinner" sweet tequila, try Clase Azul Reposado. It's phenomenal and about 100 bucks or so for a bottle. It's so smooth you can guzzle it if you get bored sipping.
        I’ve never found a bottle state side. It’s amazing!

Comment

I'm guessing frozen margaritas do not count, that leaves me out.........

Comment

Reminds me that I have a bottle of mezcal that needs some attention.

Comment

Ryno

If y’all ever come across Ryno Tequila, give it a try. Small town brand, but can play with the big dogs.

Comment

Order a bottle of Cava de Oro - Reposado. You can thank me later

Comment

I never understood sipping tequila until last year when I had some anejo don julio. Mmmm mmm. Definitely would like to try the 1942 before I buy a bottle.

Now I've started getting into Mezcal. If you like peaty scotches (I love laphroaig), smoky mezcals are awesome.

The current mezcal I'm loving is Montelobos Espadin Joven.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                    The total wine by my house stocks the desert door sotol. Distilled outside of dripping springs. Some pretty good stuff straight up, nice Smokey flavor. Had it at the distillery and bought a bottle was happy to see it at total wine. I live by Baybrook in league city
                    Thank you, will check my local total wine.

Comment

Corazon's Expresiones line has tequila's aged in various Buffalo Trace products barrels, my favorite being the Sazerac Rye Añejo.

Comment

Prices are up right now. Last bottle I bought at TW was 89.00
                        Last edited by BrianL; 04-09-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          One tip with tequila (or any). Sounds stupid.. but drink what you like! If you like repasado... drink that! No need to drink a lot of oak if that’s not what you enjoy and can’t appreciate or like the other. Same with bourbon. There are people with $8k in juice that they can’t tell from Evan Williams
                          What's wrong with Evan Williams?

Comment

You should try "Z" tequila. I'm a fan.

Comment

i really like don julio anejo and 1800 reposado

Comment

Originally posted by TreeCrab View Post
                                If y’all ever come across Ryno Tequila, give it a try. Small town brand, but can play with the big dogs.
                                Ryno is really good and smooth.

Comment

Working...
                                X