Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sipping Tequila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    I don't drink much, but Corzo is excellent tequila.
    Herradura is also good as far as the big names go.

If you want to try something interesting pick up a sotol (instead of agave).
    Hacienda de Chihuahua is good.
    Where are you finding Sotol? I read about 2 Texas State Grad students that started a distillery using Sotol and can never find it at Specs or Total Wine.

Comment

One of the best tequilas out there is Gila.

I haven’t been able to find it in the states, but always grab a couple of bottles when we go across to Progreso

Comment

Don Julio 1942 for a usual sipper. When I want to splurge, Casa Dragones. Nothing better than it.
        Last edited by justhrowit; 04-08-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Anejo Tequila is my preferred drink. I've spent a lot of money on Anejos from $30-$300. My absolute favorite is 1800 Anejo and it's not even close. It's smooth, oak finish is fantastic. Give me Anejo tequila over Scotch any day of the week.
          Threw a bottle of 1800 in the truck for the javi Hunt. Mainly for mixing as most ain’t “tequila drinkers”.... they were after day 2.

Very good tequila at a reasonable price.
          Attached Files

Comment

Casamigos Reposada, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              Don Julio 1942 for a usual sipper. When I want to splurge, Casa De Dragones. Nothing better than it.
              Casa Dragones all the way!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                Casamigos Reposada, good stuff
                I agree

Comment

1800 Reposado. Smooth and caramel-ly for sipping, at a fair price, stocked in most liquor stores.

Comment

My every day drink is Cazadores EXTRA Anejo. Very good tequila and priced right at $50-$60. Codigo 1530 Extra Anejo is what I drink when I want a VERY good drink. I was very disappointed with Don Julio 1942. Never chilled never with salt and never with Lime. If you need any of those things it can't be good tequila.
                    Last edited by Marco; 04-08-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Where are you finding Sotol? I read about 2 Texas State Grad students that started a distillery using Sotol and can never find it at Specs or Total Wine.
                      The total wine by my house stocks the desert door sotol. Distilled outside of dripping springs. Some pretty good stuff straight up, nice Smokey flavor. Had it at the distillery and bought a bottle was happy to see it at total wine. I live by Baybrook in league city

Comment

Wife and I went over to Bolquillas Mex past year for our valentines trip. Got her to try Don Julio 70 and 1942. She’s now a tequila fan as I have been for some time.

Comment

Another vote for Don Julio 1942

Comment

I prefer Anejo or Reposado to Blanco. I like Don Julio, but often find gems that are worth drinking. Tequila prices have gone up since everyone caught on, though.

Comment

Y’all done made me thirsty. Lol
                              Don Julio Repasado tonight.

I’ll admit of the gallons of DJ I’ve drank 1942 is honestly my least favorite. It’s good... I just like all the others more.

Comment

Really like the Don Julio 1942 as well. Bought a bottle of Codigo but not the high end bottle.
                                Seems like Don Julio has a higher grade than 1942 that I need to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X