Killing poison ivy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
    I have had good luck with Bayer brush killer.
    Another plug for this Bayer product. This stuff has killed our poison ivy/poison oak, and it hasn't come back.
    Last edited by sandbill; 04-03-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
      Remedy is supposed to be mixed with diesel. It is expensive and is VERY dangerous for trees. It also will kill amphibians in runoff so you'll want to avoid both trees and runoff. Roundup brush and weed adds triclopyr in the mix and is more effective and less dangerous to other stuff.
      Remedy is triclopyr and Remedy is also water soluble.

You want expensive...buy Reclaim.
      Last edited by Kossetx; 04-03-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I used to mix Remedy, Reclaim, and water for small mesquite. Have to cover all the foliage, though. That mix would undoubtedly defoilate and kill ivy. The stronger Remedy mixes, (15-25%) with diesel will be very dangerous to trees. Another to look into might be Sendero, but it might also be dangerous to trees.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
          I have had good luck with Bayer brush killer.
          This is what I've used with success as well as the stump and brush killer from HD

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
            Don’t burn it after!!!

Agree!! My dad and I cleared a ton of it off our property as a kid. We used gloves and managed to not get any on us. The next day I went to school and dad burn the pile with some other brush. It got into his lungs, nearly killed him.

Comment

Be sure to use surfactant or add sugar to the mix to help it stick to leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this at Ace Hardware today, thought it could help.

Comment

Working...
                X