Old hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darralld View Post
    My dad & Fred Bear on one of their many hunts together.
    That would be very cool to get Fred Bear stories from someone who hunted with him, and personally knowing and then being related to someone who hunted with Fred Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      Let’s see what you’ve got. Quarantine clean up around here this weekend and found these. One is my Great Grandma, she’s holding the rifle and touching the buck she shot. I have that 30-30 and the rack from that buck

The other is my Great Grandpa’s brother w/what he says is the largest bobcat ever taken in MN. 63lbs

Both pics were taken in 1946 on our family’s homestead land in northern Minnesota. The came over from Ireland and started a lumber camp up there. I have a bunch more from this era and earlier, will post more as I find em

Definitely a great picture, those two deer hanging up have some heavy bodies. My mother has some old pictures from about the 1920s or so, of some family members after a hunting trip and during a hunting trip. I have been trying to remember to find them and make copies of them.

Comment

Very cool thread!

Comment

My Great Grandpa with the bear and my Grandpa with a good buck in Blanco.
          Attached Files

Comment

super cool stuff here

Comment

Great thread! I love the old pictures and history.

I have a couple of books filled with my grandfather's and uncles. I hope to eventually somehow get them converted to modern storage. Just not sure how to do it since they are pretty fragile and glued to the pages. There are probably a couple hundred pictures in the 2 books. Any ideas on best way to do this?
              Attached Files

Comment

I've also got a lot of my grandpa's old equipment and guns seen in some of the pictures. Most of it is displayed in a shadow box in my living room. I wish I could keep the guns out but they stay in the safe.

One day i hope to kill a deer with his old rifle and maybe clean it with his knife. He died when I was very young so I never knew him. I just think it would be cool to do.
                Attached Files

Comment

These are great! Everyone notice the lack of camo? How’d those old guys get it done without it? Lol

Comment

My Mom in the mid 50's South Dakota

Comment

Love old hunting pics!

Comment

My grandfather and some great uncles. Hunt, TX, 1952 if I remember correctly.

[ATTACH]997659[/ATTACH]

Comment

Grandad with a mess of ducks and his 1923-24 hunting license. It appears to have been filled out with a quill pen. Note the complete guide of bag limits and seasons on the back.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

My son, who is 51 now, top. My best friend who is 64 now, bottom.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                                Wow, this is a really cool find for you. Would love to see picture of your grandma's buck, it looks like a toad in that picture.
                                My dad wanted to try and get it entered in the books but I don’t know how to go about it with it being so old. If I measured right it would be in the top 10 of wt in the state of Minnesota

Great pics everyone, keep em comin
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X