Toyota Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Like I said before, I do no care what any one does with their money. I am just amazed that folks that know so much of stocks, bonds and investments would want to finance a truck that has no financial return at all. Not sure why that is so hard to see.

If everyone based their spending on financial return, nobody would have kids. [emoji15]
    You’ve obviously made plenty of money to buy anything you want, so IF you needed to finance a truck, what would you do? And don’t say “I’d never let that happen”. That’s a cop out.
    Dumb it down for me if you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Can confirm. I'd drive a Tacoma if I could get away with it. And I've had more 300k mile Chevrolet WORK trucks than RR can count...
      Why?

Comment

I didn't read all the posts, but the toyota's don't have all the extra crap like fords and chevy's do that will just break at some point. auto release tailgates, air conditioned seats, etc... sure, they're nice features, but it's just something else to break down the road.

Comment

Here's one problem on the Tundras.. There is a known problem with the SAIS(secondary air injection system. Emissions BS). They warrantied them to 150,000 on those parts. I was @ 155k when it went bad. $2500 fix at dealership. With YouTube and RockAuto, I did myself for $450.

Comment

The pattern I see is older people that have owned lots of different trucks stopped changing brands after they bought Toyota.

Nearly all the Chevy, Ford, Dodge owners eventually get ticked off..Just takes time. And sure some get an actual good one that doesn't break down.

I have seen zero (but sure there has to be a few) guys switch from Toyota back to any of the other three.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              The pattern I see is older people that have owned lots of different trucks stopped changing brands after they bought Toyota.

Nearly all the Chevy, Ford, Dodge owners eventually get ticked off..Just takes time. And sure some get an actual good one that doesn't break down.

I have seen zero (but sure there has to be a few) guys switch from Toyota back to any of the other three.
              I only know of 2 of my friends that have owned a Tundra.
              Neither drive them now...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

*raises hand*
                But it was 100% budgetary.

Comment

Out of all the vehicles I have owned (more than 20), there are only two I wish I had back in my possession.

'77 CJ7 Levi edition w/304.

'77 International Scout II

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    If everyone based their spending on financial return, nobody would have kids. [emoji15]
                    You’ve obviously made plenty of money to buy anything you want, so IF you needed to finance a truck, what would you do? And don’t say “I’d never let that happen”. That’s a cop out.
                    Dumb it down for me if you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I aint the financial whizz bang, just trying to understand folks. Some say one thing but do the opposite. Y'all read too much in my posts sometime.

I do have a truck financed at this time and it will be paid in full in 20 months. I bought a new Peterbilt 337 in 2016, it was 156,000.00 and I financed half of it. Payments are 1580.00 and insurance is 480.00 a month. Its a POS just like everything else mechanical I have owned, maintenance and repairs per year run on average of 8000.00. When I go to sell it I hope to get 40k out of it. Helluva return aint it? I could have bought a nice piece of property with that money. Some say its the cost of doing business, I dont know sometimes.

Comment

Yes the best part I like about the four door tundra's is there cute little beds. And how they squat down when you put a hundred pounds of corn in the back.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Yes the best part I like about the four door tundra's is there cute little beds. And how they squat down when you put a hundred pounds of corn in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

This is solid gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            *raises hand*
                            But it was 100% budgetary.
                            But that makes no sense. TBH posted that all trucks cost about the same

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              I aint the financial whizz bang, just trying to understand folks. Some say one thing but do the opposite. Y'all read too much in my posts sometime.

I do have a truck financed at this time and it will be paid in full in 20 months. I bought a new Peterbilt 337 in 2016, it was 156,000.00 and I financed half of it. Payments are 1580.00 and insurance is 480.00 a month. Its a POS just like everything else mechanical I have owned, maintenance and repairs per year run on average of 8000.00. When I go to sell it I hope to get 40k out of it. Helluva return aint it? I could have bought a nice piece of property with that money. Some say its the cost of doing business, I dont know sometimes.
                              Maybe one day you can own a Toyota

Comment

I have a certain lease member/TBHer that drives a Tundra and just had to drop 3 grand replacing his front axle/differential....so it happens..without mystery.

That being said I am considering them... mostly because their front seats are roomier...

Comment

Working...
                                X