No announcement yet.

TBH Find a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t have a job to offer, but guidance from a retired guy who spent years out of work.

Read Nick Corcodilos book “Ask the Headhunter” and get your thinking as he describes on this web site.

You can send out resumes and hope, I followed his method and landed some great jobs.

Go to his web site and read what he says.

God bless you and give you strength to persevere in these difficult times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are hiring field service engineers all over the US (especially Tx). We make utility solar inverters for power plants. It’s a field job with Travel.
      I can answer most questions.
      Brad
      512-966-6617

Comment

ttt Still looking

Have I mentioned how much I hate filling out job applications?

Comment

See my recommendation on #62. There are more effective ways to search than just filling out applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            See my recommendation on #62. There are more effective ways to search than just filling out applications.

So I don't have the book but I am reading bits and pieces of the book online, and what I see so far is you need to network to get an interview and then follow his techniques to control the interview.

But what do you do if you do not have a big enough network to even get an interview?

Comment

I know the Ironworkers Union in Austin is hiring

And we have several positions on Indeed we are looking to fill.

Patriot Erectors, LLC

1. Equipment Mechanic
              2. Surveyor Apprentice

And one job posted on LinkedIn

1. Associate Detailing Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post
                So I don't have the book but I am reading bits and pieces of the book online, and what I see so far is you need to network to get an interview and then follow his techniques to control the interview.

But what do you do if you do not have a big enough network to even get an interview?
                Best thing to do is find people in the area you are looking to get into and meet them. Go out to lunch, give them a call and say hi, meet at a Starbucks, Skype with them... Just find out how to contact them and request a meeting. Also look for conferences in your field and meet people during breaks, lunch, etc.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

TBH Find a job

100% right.

How to for degreed jobs, and others? Sign up for LinkedIn, create a short profile with a GOOD picture of yourself.

What type job/ title are you looking for? “Anything for a paycheck” doesn’t work. 4 or 5 are OK, pick one.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I’m on the midstream side of things for Energy Transfer. We still have lines going in across Southeast Texas and staying busy. I’ve seen several job postings from West Texas into Louisiana and so on. Positions across the board from degreed/office to several different pipeline field positions. Check out Energy Transfer careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Man, I'm sorry to hear this! What midstream company was building it?

Phillips 66

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                            I’m on the midstream side of things for Energy Transfer. We still have lines going in across Southeast Texas and staying busy. I’ve seen several job postings from West Texas into Louisiana and so on. Positions across the board from degreed/office to several different pipeline field positions. Check out Energy Transfer careers.

Thank you sir. I am going to look into this more tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                              Thank you sir. I am going to look into this more tomorrow!

I’ll sure answer any questions I can about any of the positions. Energy Transfer has been a great company to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                                A buddy of mine lost his position as an engineer for Safran (make seats for airlines). He had been there 5-6 years or so. Before that, spent about 2-3 years at Bell Helicopter on the V-280 project. If you need a smart engineer - let me know! I will connect y'all.
                                Haha I hadn't joined yet but Ctom87 is referring to me here. I was one of the first to go and since then I think my previous employer has dropped almost half of the engineering department. Morale there is about as low as you can get before people just start quitting without having another job lined up. I know of the ones that are still there, a ton of them are planning on leaving at the first opportunity.

As for myself, I'm a mechanical design engineer with experience in the aerospace industry. The majority of my work has been in component, assembly, and installation design for both 2D and 3D CAD models. the entirety of my professional experience in CAD is with Catia V5 and V6, but I can also use Solidworks. I have another thread on here where I've offered to do some free or discounted engineering work just to keep my skills up. If you have info or tips on job opportunities or have an idea or concept you want some feedback on, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X