No announcement yet.

Now 7.8 Billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to economic impacts and the limited ability of too many folks who were never taught to deal with serious conflict today, that is the real spooky thing for me vs a dangerous flue! I know good people but many will not be able to deal with possible challenges building rapidly. I hope forgiveness and patience to become a reawakened virtue in bill collectors, landlords etc as a few examples, if it comes to that. Our vets are here and can maybe coach some folks a little. I am not a vet but been around some tough times and can survive. I hope I can help some do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Pandemic just means widespread disease as in across the globe. So this qualifies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      But Mexico is still showing 0 cases....

Comment

I read the patient that died yesterday in New Orleans was 86.

Comment

Global warming is going to kill the Covid in a few months, once we get through flu season.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            I was trying to find the ages of the covid19 deaths here in the USA....couldn't find anything. The 48 deaths in Washington, all at the old folks home?
            27 from the nursing home in Kirkland.

Death rate over 80 = 21% +/-. Russian Roulette = better odds than COVID19.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
              Individual cases don't tell a lot. It's easy to say that "at this point" it's not a pandemic. Because it's really not. But a lot of countries, not just the USA, seem to think the disease has potential to be a serious threat. I've also read that just because someone survives it, doesn't mean that they are immune to getting it right away again. I don't know if that is true or not.
              Multiple reports of reinfection with in the first month.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Global warming is going to kill the Covid in a few months, once we get through flu season.
                Wonder if Trump can get the democrats to start supporting global warming?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  Then why do we have outbreaks world wide right now? Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam??? Those places are tropical.

Comment

Is it possible the lack of testing is preventing that number from being higher?

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                      My neighbor is a stud, ER/trauma surgeon. He worked in and managed medical facilities on the front line in Iraq. He is still a very active physician and is a hardcore conservative Republican. He says this thing is very serious because so many people who have the virus don't have the symptoms or symptoms severe enough to normally even go to a doctor, much less be tested. That is why the testing shortage is so critical and once it is identified it spreads so quickly.

With the flu, when you've got it you know it and folks stay away from you. He said look at the flu, how bad it is each season, and think about how many more people would get it if most of those carrying the virus didn't even know they had it. Way, way, way more. So even if the mortality rate itself is only twice as bad as the flu, multiply that by the total number of people who get COVID-19. That is the fear and the reason for this focus on limiting contact with others. There is just no way to test everyone and know who should self quarantine or not.

That tells me that we’re all going to be exposed at some point, so we might as well get on with normal life...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        That tells me that we’re all going to be exposed at some point, so we might as well get on with normal life...

Have you seen what is happening in Italy right now? They don't have the capacity to support the influx of patients in the hospitals. They don't have enough ventilators to put all those that need to be on life support on life support. If you are old they are just keeping you comfortable and letting you die. The whole idea here is to slow the spread so our system can keep up with the demand for critical care. When the system is flooded and life support and other critical care systems are not available then the death%%% increases drastically.

If you mom or dad got this and needed a ventilator to help aide breathing during the recovery process would you just say...Oh well, they got COVID they can die??? Everyone seems to think $$$ is more precious than life.

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how many of yall support abortion. Well this baby will cause financial strain on the system so lets just kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                          Have you seen what is happening in Italy right now? They don't have the capacity to support the influx of patients in the hospitals. They don't have enough ventilators to put all those that need to be on life support on life support. If you are old they are just keeping you comfortable and letting you die. The whole idea here is to slow the spread so our system can keep up with the demand for critical care. When the system is flooded and life support and other critical care systems are not available then the death%%% increases drastically.

If you mom or dad got this and needed a ventilator to help aide breathing during the recovery process would you just say...Oh well, they got COVID they can die??? Everyone seems to think $$$ is more precious than life.

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how many of yall support abortion. Well this baby will cause financial strain on the system so lets just kill it.
                          This is not about greed. This is about allowing the U.S. economy to collapse and the repercussions that are far reaching. I don't think people understand the far reaching and long-term consequences of this. I don't want anyone to die, and I don't think that it's an either/or situation. When people don't work, they don't have the money to pay their mortgage, buy food and medicine, and crime goes through the roof. If this goes on for months, the suffering will be immense.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            This is not about greed. This is about allowing the U.S. economy to collapse and the repercussions that are far reaching. I don't think people understand the far reaching and long-term consequences of this. I don't want anyone to die, and I don't think that it's an either/or situation. When people don't work, they don't have the money to pay their mortgage, buy food and medicine, and crime goes through the roof. If this goes on for months, the suffering will be immense.
                            Exactly... This is Tuesday, 100's of thousands of house holds were broke last Friday night.. Much of this country survives paycheck to paycheck and have no other means of income. Income equates to survival when you lack the opportunity or the basic knowledge of living off the land.. If it goes on long we will see a very ugly side of many. Desperate humans become dangerous humans..

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              It's not just the US economy its the global economy. I agree the consequences are far reaching. Maybe its not an either/or??? I don't know. You shut things down to mitigate loss of life or you don't. I'd even argue that letting this run its course would have very similar long term outcomes as shutting everything down.

All data suggest that if left unchecked 80% of world pop catches it. With an actual death rate of .005 (half of 1%). 31mm folks world wide die over the course of the next 1-1.5 years.

I think another big issues is that its a "new" virus. We have not see this before. We don't have a vaccine for it. We don't have natural immunity to it. We don't know how deadly it can become if it mutates further. We don't know where it came from (bat stew or bio lab).

So do you grind things to a halt to buy time for a response or do you let it run unchecked kill 31mm folks and hope it doesn't mutate into something even worse? What other alternatives am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Exactly... This is Tuesday, 100's of thousands of house holds were broke last Friday night.. Much of this country survives paycheck to paycheck and have no other means of income. Income equates to survival when you lack the opportunity or the basic knowledge of living off the land.. If it goes on long we will see a very ugly side of many. Desperate humans become dangerous humans..
                                If this mutates into something worse and say 5% of everyone that gets it dies and 20% are severely debilitated for 1-2 weeks what happens to society then? No cops to patrol. No functional health care system. Having special elections to replace 30 dead folks in the house and senate? 20% of the workforce is out for extended periods of time? Again my argument is there are too many unknowns with this crap and not doing anything could be as bad or worse than shutting everything down.

Comment

Working...
                                X