Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    I don’t think it will be nearly as bad as the last fall off. Spoke with a few buddies I know and they are still picking up contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still picking up contracts? What kind of contracts and what kind of companairs do your buddies work at? This oil price free fall only started about 9 days ago, I’ll wager that your buddies’ info is dated. I will stand by my statement.

Good luck. Wishing you and all the oilfield employees all the best!

I assume you are able to draw unemployment?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I see you sent your resume over this morning. Hope it works out for you.

Yes sir leaving all options open. Thank you for the lead!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
        C- Innovation says they have more work than people to do it now

Who’s ops managers over there now? Lincoln and McMillan?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Still picking up contracts? What kind of contracts and what kind of companairs do your buddies work at? This oil price free fall only started about 9 days ago, I’ll wager that your buddies’ info is dated. I will stand by my statement.

I spoke to him yesterday. They still have contracts until 2023. I have money put away no need to file for unemployment.

Comment

Ate lunch with the VP of a medium size ( I guess medium size, 15-20 million/yr ) service company today. He told me flat out, this one is going to be bad. I asked if it would be worse than after Macondo and he said worse. He isnt a pessimist like me. If he says its going to be bad, he isnt joking.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Ate lunch with the VP of a medium size ( I guess medium size, 15-20 million/yr ) service company today. He told me flat out, this one is going to be bad. I asked if it would be worse than after Macondo and he said worse. He isnt a pessimist like me. If he says its going to be bad, he isnt joking.

Yikes.

Comment

I spoke to him yesterday. They still have contracts until 2023. I have money put away no need to file for unemployment.

Contracts for what? Drilling contracts? What kind of company? I’m betting the contracts may get rescinded. Maybe not, at least I hope not! Still picking up contracts and holding previous contracts that expire in 2023 are two different things.

Why would you not file for unemployment??? That is crazy. It’s free money. If you don’t want it. Go ahead and file and send it to me!!!
                Last edited by Burnadell; 03-16-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Dont want to hijack, but since Burnadell is here, I am an employee of my LLC, if I lay myself off, can I get unemployment?

Comment

Shane is gone

Who’s ops managers over there now? Lincoln and McMillan?

Doug Walters should be there too, along with M McMillian

Comment

Dont want to hijack, but since Burnadell is here, I am an employee of my LLC, if I lay myself off, can I get unemployment?
                      Doubtful! But then I am not real knowledgeable about it. Ask your Human Resources Director.

Comment

I think that would be like self insuring and then filing a claim.

Comment

Doubtful! But then I am not real knowledgeable about it. Ask your Human Resources Director.
                          Ha, well he dont know s***. I guess I better lay him off first!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                            I think that would be like self insuring and then filing a claim.
                            Yeah, I think so! Would need some of that "new math" to make those numbers work out in the end!

Comment

Talon, sent you a pm

Comment

File for unemployment, spend the gov money

Comment

Working...
                                X