South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
    Hard to figure, I missed it last year. Was there last weekend and you could tell not quite yet. Dad is there now and seems the same. Others said they were running hard during week last week in same county. Who knows lol, headed that way tomorrow.

I’ll figure it out when I retire. Gonna spend 45 days at the ranch to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year I hunted many days before "it" then had to go home and came back a few days later to find all my bucks busted up. Lol hope yall don't have my luck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Last year I hunted many days before "it" then had to go home and came back a few days later to find all my bucks busted up. Lol hope yall don't have my luck

There is a good chance I do, I had a wedding to attend last week put a feeler out on here and two responded that they were chasing hard in McMullen while I was at said wedding . My dad got there yesterday and the better bucks are more interested in corn than the girls. So 6 day window we weren't there - about my luck. Nothing is busted up though so holding out hope.

Comment

Younger bucks were pushing last week. I’m sure is about to get crazy by the end of the week and next. I already shot my target buck yesterday and done for the season.

Comment

Sounds like opening morning today.

Comment

So far seen a spike pushing a doe here in Raymondville and starting to see a couple of little scrapes.

Last year, our rut switched on around New Years on our place.

Comment

2 more sits and I'm headed home empty handed.

Seen some good bucks with 1 shooter I didn't want to shoot early into a 9 day hunt lol.

Comment

Seen some good bucks with 1 shooter I didn't want to shoot early into a 9 day hunt lol.

I convinced myself the rut was several days out since things were slow (mainly to make myself feel better for having to go home) and wouldn't you know the last sit yesterday I watched on old 9 that we need to shoot breed a doe. Rut roulette is getting old lol.

Comment

Well I’ll be heading back I a week so I’ll probably miss It. It’s just too hard to hunt Christmas week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

I’m not real sure what’s going on with the rut. We’ve had people here for a while. No chasing at all. Had bucks and does eating together, groups of bucks together eating at the feeders. We’re in southern Webb, I’d say for us not yet.

Comment

I’m in Jim Hogg and was at the lease this past week, seen a few younger bucks chasing hard on Wednesday and Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I’m not real sure what’s going on with the rut. We’ve had people here for a while. No chasing at all. Had bucks and does eating together, groups of bucks together eating at the feeders. We’re in southern Webb, I’d say for us not yet.

I am in southwest webb and had new mature bucks showing up on camera this past Friday. Also had a four year old chasing some does and last week the younger ones were pushing. I think is going to happen this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Not happening in La Salle County
                            Little bit of sniffing here and there, that’s it

Comment

Here now in Southern Jim Hogg and it’s been slow. Just got here this morning and didn’t see much chasing, barely saw anything at all with the thick blanket of fog this morning. A couple of the guys on the lease have been here all week and said they were chasing pretty good earlier in the week. With the cooler weather.

Comment

Harris/Biden train during a night parade is becoming a more common occurrence unfortunately at my lease.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X