Old Mexico 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
    following...I have went from never going to hunt Mexico, to Mexico looks pretty interesting and how does a person go about hunting down there safely.
    This was me three yrs ago, my advise would be to only go with someone with alot of experience your first yr. There is alot of does and don'ts that could cause you trouble. You also dont want to be in a vehicle riding with someone that might not know all the rules, you could end up in all sorts of trouble just by being there in the wrong

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
      This was me three yrs ago, my advise would be to only go with someone with alot of experience your first yr. There is alot of does and don'ts that could cause you trouble. You also dont want to be in a vehicle riding with someone that might not know all the rules, you could end up in all sorts of trouble just by being there in the wrong
      I have been blessed to be invited for the last 3 years as a management hunter on a established ranch in Mexico. I 100% agree with the above bold/underlined sentence.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
        Hopefully a couple big ones hit the ground in the next two weeks on our place. We’ve got one around 170 with a 5-6” drop that won’t show in the daytime. It might be time to go east Texas on him

Comment

Just home for quick turnaround. It is DUSTY DIRTY NASTY MESS. **** its dry!!! Only the slightest glimmer of rut showing which is typical for now though should be improving daily. Quality a mixed bag.Overall average at best though as always a few handsome outliers.

While it is a major inconvenience that Mexicans cant cross to U.S. at E.P. I have never seen the bridge easier to cross. Only 1 car in front of us at noon today. And of all the miracles, when asked if I had anything to declare I told the officer I had a deer. She looked at the antlers in the back of the truck and said, have a nice day. Off we went with out the usual paper work and checking. Never had that happen in 35 years.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            Just home for quick turnaround. It is DUSTY DIRTY NASTY MESS. **** its dry!!! Only the slightest glimmer of rut showing which is typical for now though should be improving daily. Quality a mixed bag.Overall average at best though as always a few handsome outliers.

While it is a major inconvenience that Mexicans cant cross to U.S. at E.P. I have never seen the bridge easier to cross. Only 1 car in front of us at noon today. And of all the miracles, when asked if I had anything to declare I told the officer I had a deer. She looked at the antlers in the back of the truck and said, have a nice day. Off we went with out the usual paper work and checking. Never had that happen in 35 years.
            We declared two deer opening weekend and they didn’t even open the coolers just did paperwork and we went on the way. Bridge was wide open

Comment

I’ve heard that a lot this year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                We declared two deer opening weekend and they didn’t even open the coolers just did paperwork and we went on the way. Bridge was wide open
                Great news to hear

Comment

We just got back Monday, we worked on feeders that were destroyed by bears, got blinds ready, hunted some, looked like the rut should be starting very soon, headed back Sunday for a week, hope its good.

Comment

Happy Christmas Mexico hunters hope everyone seasons are going good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                      Best of the holidays to you and all as well. Hope the season treating the Mexico cult well. Been an interesting season teaching us a lot about the effects of drought...no rain from Sept-June....the value of protein and just how BAD!!! dust can get. JEEZ Biblical dust in our country to deal with. Its a dirty nasty mess.

Luck to all as the hunting should be quite strong over the next couple weeks.

Comment

Best of the holidays to you and all as well. Hope the season treating the Mexico cult well. Been an interesting season teaching us a lot about the effects of drought...no rain from Sept-June....the value of protein and just how BAD!!! dust can get. JEEZ Biblical dust in our country to deal with. Its a dirty nasty mess.

Luck to all as the hunting should be quite strong over the next couple weeks.

Deer are hammering the feed (not surprisingly) ruts been slow compared to years past, we don’t get rain soon we’ll lose quite a few I’m afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Deer are hammering the feed (not surprisingly) ruts been slow compared to years past, we don’t get rain soon we’ll lose quite a few I’m afraid.

Its environmental conditions like this that show how valuable water distribution is. Many of our lakes have gone dry. Fortunately we have distributed water via pvc troughs all over. As we review the year it is blazingly obvious the top priority will be to continue water distribution as much as possible.

Comment

Old Mexico 2020/2021

Its environmental conditions like this that show how valuable water distribution is. Many of our lakes have gone dry. Fortunately we have distributed water via pvc troughs all over. As we review the year it is blazingly obvious the top priority will be to continue water distribution as much as possible.

It will sure shine a glaring light on it! Our ranch has the bare minimum water distribution and zero natural lakes. We’re at the mercy of Mother Nature and right now she’s not playin nice [emoji29]

Comment

This drought is nasty bad, hope the region gets what it needs soon

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                                Hope you had a good Christmas Joey!

Comment

Working...
                                X