No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got .70” south of Santa Monica today and .70” around Jiménez yesterday much needed, very nice surprise.

We did a trip to both ranches last weekend, put up some panels on one for the pigs. Got some nice deer on camera.

Comment

2” last night, south of Santa Monica

Comment

Cell Camera Service

Went down to ranch Sunday thru Tuesday. We are southeast of Villa Union. Pasture looked great and they are hammering the protein and cotton seed.

Set up a Cuddelink system with the Home/cell unit being ATT. Put the home unit on top of a tower stand on the South end of our pasture where signal is best. It works great. The only issue I am having is that one of my cameras is too far away from the home unit for them to communicate. I added a repeater in the middle its just either too far or our terrain is too hilly or thick. I will add another repeater when I return.

Just wanted to report that there is an option for cell cameras in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
          Went down to ranch Sunday thru Tuesday. We are southeast of Villa Union. Pasture looked great and they are hammering the protein and cotton seed.

Set up a Cuddelink system with the Home/cell unit being ATT. Put the home unit on top of a tower stand on the South end of our pasture where signal is best. It works great. The only issue I am having is that one of my cameras is too far away from the home unit for them to communicate. I added a repeater in the middle its just either too far or our terrain is too hilly or thick. I will add another repeater when I return.

This is why i run Coverts in Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert has been working on our place for a long time. Will work on Telcel or ATT... may be a cheaper option for you. In areas where we have little to no service, the covert still works

Comment

Just curious as to approx what do they cost and whats the service cost?

Comment

Just curious as to approx what do they cost and whats the service cost?

Cams $250 an $11/month for 5000 pics

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Cams $250 an $11/month for 5000 pics

Cheap enough!!

Comment

Lots of talk about cameras but I need to see pictures. Missing the ranch badly and need to be fed. What do the bucks look like this year? The scant reports I get from our neighborhood sound encouraging. Very happy that things seem quiet and normal this year.

Comment

Old Mexico 2020/2021

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Lots of talk about cameras but I need to see pictures. Missing the ranch badly and need to be fed. What do the bucks look like this year? The scant reports I get from our neighborhood sound encouraging. Very happy that things seem quiet and normal this year.

Just got cams rolling Saturday two bucks with lots of history one has put on +4-5” the other dropped about -10” we’ve gotten 6.5” of rain since December. So both will probably get a pass to see if it’s from the drought [emoji29] not the start i wanted to see

Comment

Headed down this weekend to put out cameras and check on stuff. Will try to post up a report with some pics when I get back

Comment

Nothing like what most of you guys have, but we have 6 coverts running. It's drryyyyyy where we are.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone seen the hunting season dates yet?

Comment

Thank you all. A brother needs feeding.
                              I know of a ranch that might be available to buy if anyone wants to PM me. Serious inquiries only

Comment

Thank you all. A brother needs feeding.
                                I know of a ranch that might be available to buy if anyone wants to PM me. Serious inquiries only

I’ve been mulling this over with a good friend of mine, how hard is it to buy as an American? An also what’s a ballpark $/acre for just raw land?

Comment

Working...
                                X