Best stocks to buy right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
    Just one advisor's prospective but interesting.

https://youtu.be/BA069qVo4T8
    I read this same thing a few different times in the last day or two.

Difference is this virus could pass and not damage the economy long term. At least not as bad as the great depression and financial collapse of 2008.

But that's all yet to be seen. We shall know soon!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I read this same thing a few different times in the last day or two.

Difference is this virus could pass and not damage the economy long term. At least not as bad as the great depression and financial collapse of 2008.

But that's all yet to be seen. We shall know soon!
      I agree, although I'm not certain how soon it will be before the bulk of society goes back to the way we lived pre-COVID-19. This doctor says COVID-19 is likely to be a threat for awhile (12-18 months). When will the government and then people decide to assume the risks and live like before? I think that will be a strong factor in the heath of the economy this year.

Comment

After posting, I read the attached article which sums up what we are both saying:

Comment

I pulled the trigger on some RCL when it got right at $30. I feel pretty smart now because I'm already up $50. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
            Exxon is getting really cheap imho!
            Bought Exxon last week! Oil & gas will rebound.

Comment

Zoom.

They are being investigated by NY AG for privacy issues, but I think they get through it.

Comment

Tdoc

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                  Just one advisor's prospective but interesting.

https://youtu.be/BA069qVo4T8
                  I agree with this guy. You can't just stop the economy like we did, and then all of a sudden, here come's the government to save the day and it's all better now. It's going to take time for this whole thing to play out, and there will be repercussions down the road. Texas isn't supposed to even peak until the end of April w/ the virus. It's my belief that the market is going down much further, and this will be a prolonged recession type event.

Comment

Any opinions on what is about to happen with the airlines?

Comment

So far I’ve bought shares of Halliburton, Nabors, and Carnival Cruise lines. Just gonna hold em for a while. Got carnival shares at $8.00/ea and hasn’t gone below it since. I think it’s going to be the bigger of the plays I made

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        I agree with this guy. You can't just stop the economy like we did, and then all of a sudden, here come's the government to save the day and it's all better now. It's going to take time for this whole thing to play out, and there will be repercussions down the road. Texas isn't supposed to even peak until the end of April w/ the virus. It's my belief that the market is going down much further, and this will be a prolonged recession type event.
                        I agree - hope most here are using their play money betting on this stuff and not their life savings - playing with fire

Comment

I have a few plays in the energy sector. I think if Saudi and Russia can come to an agreement next week I think oil will rebound.

I like EOG, XOM. Risky play for OXY but I couldn't beat the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            IMO it would have been ok (past tense) until they extended to May 4th. Now we may be screwed. If they extend again to mid May the markets will tank for sure though.

Originally posted by KUJays View Post
                            Any opinions on what is about to happen with the airlines?
                            My guess is they tank hard again Monday. Lots of people are spreading complete doom with Buffet selling DAL and LUV (I think those two) He had to report those sells but does not have to report the sales of airlines he owns less than 10% of (I think).

Either way he's always been known as the long player so for him to sell at the lows is freaking people out.

Originally posted by Doughboy78 View Post
                            I have a few plays in the energy sector. I think if Saudi and Russia can come to an agreement next week I think oil will rebound.

I like EOG, XOM. Risky play for OXY but I couldn't beat the price.
                            Oil should tank hard again Monday with Saudi not playing ball. Still have a day and a half for something to change though.

Between oil and airlines tanking (if they do) I doubt markets stay flat. Probably a very bad day Monday. We shall see.

Comment

I'm not a stock market guy at all but couldn't resist trying during this downturn... I had a little expendable cash so I got a TD ameritrade account and bought some XOM at $37something last week. We'll see how it goes!haha

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                                So far I’ve bought shares of Halliburton, Nabors, and Carnival Cruise lines. Just gonna hold em for a while. Got carnival shares at $8.00/ea and hasn’t gone below it since. I think it’s going to be the bigger of the plays I made
                                I’d be surprised if CCL does not file chapter 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X