No announcement yet.

Best stocks to buy right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did good on Boeing this past week. bought at 97 and closed almost double today

Comment

I’m playing with SSL as a gamble

Comment

just went in on IBM...nearly a 6% dividend with a solid company...that's the kind I like

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
          just went in on IBM...nearly a 6% dividend with a solid company...that's the kind I like
          The dividend yield (not dividend) is nearly 6% at current stock prices. It's an important distinction. You're not getting a guaranteed 6% return.

The last four quarters their dividend has been $1.62. The falling stock price has inflated the dividend yield. The yield was 4% just a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
            DSS, VSTM,VISL are mine. I’ll have to watch yours a couple days and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It's not doing much right now. I'm not in it currently.

VST is one I like. 40+ Plants around the country, strong balance sheet, cash on hand, plants wont stop running and power prices have actually been spiking some since the crash. Mostly gas plants, some coal, wind, solar and was $23 prior to crash.

Picked up some at 12.75, sitting at $15 and I'm waiting on this next dip to scoop some more.

Comment

I failed to pull the trigger monday as well. I did get some RCL and AKL. Now looking for some deals today.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                The dividend yield (not dividend) is nearly 6% at current stock prices. It's an important distinction. You're not getting a guaranteed 6% return.

The last four quarters their dividend has been $1.62. The falling stock price has inflated the dividend yield. The yield was 4% just a month ago.
                dude, please

but thank you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                  I failed to pull the trigger monday as well. I did get some RCL and AKL. Now looking for some deals today.
                  Finding any (deals)? If so what did you buy? And why?

I've got a buy limit order in for RCL, but I'm waiting (hoping) it drops back off a little more. Was really hoping to get in < $30.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                    Originally posted by Clayton View Post

I believe that hammer63 stated it correctly. At the price he bought it, presumably $108-$109 he will get nearly a 6% dividend...based on the price he paid. If the stock price goes back to 175 or back down to $95, HIS yield is STILL close to 6% yield, based on HIS investment. That, of course changes, if the dividend changes.

It is frequently stated, in the industry, that so and so company pays a 4%, 6%, or whatever dividend...the yield is usually the one that is quoted rather than the dollar amount.

It sounds like you know that, but your reason for “correcting” hammer was confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      I wish I had bought Haliburton last Wednesday at $4.25
                      SAME here i waited for rock bottomn and then bam it was back up 2 days later. heck the $5.50 range still aint bad. Give it 6 months or a year it will be back to 20+

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        I did get some RCL and AKL. Now looking for some deals today.
                        ALK?

I bought some Alaska Airlines, looking for other deals too. But scared about the cruise lines myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Finding any (deals)? If so what did you buy? And why?

I've got a buy limit order in for RCL, but I'm waiting (hoping) it drops back off a little more. Was really hoping to get in < $30.
                          Ha I'm a newb at this. Popping my cherry lol. Was looking at SIX and like RHP but what do I know. I'm just looking at how they did previous years. I figure most will bounce back after we clear out this virus stuff. How long who knows at this point and I'm hoping stocks dont drop below this last drops level. I was up yesterday and down the same amount today so far ok I rekon. Also BJRI as I have limited funds to play with and wanting to get enough to make good money.

What do some of you vets think?
                          Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 03-27-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I bought a call option on AAPL (Apple) this morning. Sitting up 7.5% right now. Let's see what happens between 2 and 3 o'clock.

Apple is still a good company to buy if you want to be long on a stock.

Comment

Just one advisor's prospective but interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                                Be careful with stocks under .5-1mil shares. I buy they on occasion, but very rarely.

This is so true. And be careful going “all in.” Bought some XOM at $40. Still looking some other opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X