Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Miracle On Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    We have the DVD in the camper at the deer lease, I bet I've seen it 50 times...no idea where it came from.
    It came on last winter one time and my wife had never seen it. I made her stop what she was doing and watch it then and there. She loved it. I didn't have to argue when I saw it was on last night.

Comment

I was around 12 and remember watching it and it being a big deal. Again, we were from Texas with limited hockey knowledge. Most folks don't realize that was a semi-final game and the USA still had to beat maybe Canada for the gold that year if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
        I was around 12 and remember watching it and it being a big deal. Again, we were from Texas with limited hockey knowledge. Most folks don't realize that was a semi-final game and the USA still had to beat maybe Canada for the gold that year if I'm not mistaken.
        They beat Finland for the gold, that game spawned the famous Herb Brooks quote "If you lose this game, you'll take it to your ****'in graves".

They also beat the Czechs earlier in the tournament, which was a feat in itself.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR56GJ05IMs"]1980 Olympic Hockey USA vs USSR - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

If that Al Michaels call of the game don’t make the hair stand up on the back of your neck...you have no soul

Comment

We had friends over for dinner and probably disturbed everyone in the apartment complex with the yelling. Were not really hockey fans but knew we were seeing something special.
              As commented on above, the training techniques used by the coach to develop the toughness needed to beat the Russians would not be tolerated today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                We have the DVD in the camper at the deer lease, I bet I've seen it 50 times...no idea where it came from.
                Things to remember. When it’s time to pull your Goalie.......PULL THE GOALIE.

Comment

Originally posted by jab48 View Post
                  As commented on above, the training techniques used by the coach to develop the toughness needed to beat the Russians would not be tolerated today.
                  That's not really true. Truth is majority of athletes nowadays are in that kind of shape. Most weren't lifting and working out half as much as they do now, and it's pretty much a year round program for them. More advanced workout programs, more specialized programs, off season work, better nutrition, etc...

I bet most of the Russian team smoked.

Comment

Working...
                  X