Official Astros 2020 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I imagine most of these athletes just want to play baseball. Kinda hard to stand and fight when your boss sets the rules of the organization. Figure a lot of MLB players are so thankful for America. Look at all the players who were born in a 3rd World Country and love the opportunity America has given them. They are living the American dream. Wish they could speak freely.
    They can. They all have a choice. Most will choose the money over principle. There lies the issue...

Comment

I’m thinking the “moment of silence” deal and the Blm bs on the mound was just some opening day bs. I turned on Dodger game yesterday which was their second game, and there was no such bs on the mound

Comment

Been a CC Hooks (Astros AA affiliate) season ticket holder since day one. I'm done.

Comment

We walked into a Mexican restaurant at 750 ready to watch the game. We sat next to a table of people we knew. Huge baseball fans. Our tables were next to the bar with 2 TVs. One had the stros one had another game on. We asked the bartender to put the Houston game on both TVs. Then the black line came out.

Everyone refused to watch. Hail with em!

I imagine most of these athletes just want to play baseball. Kinda hard to stand and fight when your boss sets the rules of the organization. Figure a lot of MLB players are so thankful for America. Look at all the players who were born in a 3rd World Country and love the opportunity America has given them. They are living the American dream. Wish they could speak freely.
          It's a choice. From the few seconds I saw there was a few in the lineup that didnt kneel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Pine- So go in to your work tomorrow and voice your opinion about how you oppose how your company is going- I agree they can say what they want just like you. They are choosing to stay employed - It probably had more to do with owners and managers than anything else. Upper management tells you how the company is gonna stand. You can either somewhat comply or stand in unemployment line.
            Last edited by glen; 07-25-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Pine- So go in to your work tomorrow and voice your opinion about how you oppose how your company is going- I agree they can say what they want just like you. They are choosing to stay employed - It probably had more to do with owners and managers than anything else. Upper management tells you how the company is gonna stand. You can either somewhat comply or stand in unemployment line.
              I absolutely would quit if my company supported BLM. I've left jobs for less. If I'm nothing else, I am a man who values principle over a bigger paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I absolutely would quit if my company supported BLM. I've left jobs for less. If I'm nothing else, I am a man who values principle over a bigger paycheck.

I just had the same conversation with the same thoughts as you with a coworker last night. He asked if I would quit if our company made us wear a BLM t shirt. I would quit if I found out the even donated to BLM. Have to take a stand sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Especially for the first and second year players who have spent the last 8 years of their life to get here and living off next to nothing. I see both sides, but it would be difficult to do that to your family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just dropped in to say goodbye Astros and all of professional sports. Hopefully someday y’all will see the error or your ways.

Comment

Well I would say if I was more or less limited to one company to work for to support myself I’d listen to the bosses rules. I’m in a career now I have to do the same.

Comment

Ah the perks of being self employed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

McCullers...beast mode!

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                            McCullers...beast mode!

Happy for him. Been a long time since he has pitched a real inning and he did good. If everyone can stay healthy, that is a pretty solid 1-2-3 punch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Been a fan since the late 70s when I was in the Astros buddy club. Been a police officer since 92.

BLM hates everything I stand for.

See ya.
                              Fark MLB/blm. May many owners go bankrupt.

SH

Comment

The Astros are a joke. It’s saddens me to not watch them but I will not support a team that back that BLM bs. Plain and simple, they are not for the betterment of this country. I hope one day they see that this could have been avoided

Comment

Working...
                                X