Tank Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
    Honestly I’d paint it a very light tan color. The deer won’t care what color the blind is once they get used to seeing it and anything you can do to minimize heat absorption is going to make it more comfortable to hunt out of.
    Will not matter much. I have a true tank end blind that is HUGE and HEAVY and it is tan in color from it being very thick fiberglass. It still get's hot!

Comment

Looks good! I have a white one, 8’ x 8’, have had coyotes / etc walk by almost within arm’s reach, never even looked at it, or me in it. It still gets hot as it is in the sun...I’m sure getting it in the shade would help.

One question...why did you cut the floor out?
      I only drilled a couple of small holes in the bottom around the edge to let out any rain that gets in.

Comment

Tank Blind

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
        Looks good! I have a white one, 8’ x 8’, have had coyotes / etc walk by almost within arm’s reach, never even looked at it, or me in it. It still gets hot as it is in the sun...I’m sure getting it in the shade would help.

One question...why did you cut the floor out?
        I only drilled a couple of small holes in the bottom around the edge to let out any rain that gets in.

Bottom was so uneven and lopsided. Figured easier to cut it out with a 1’ lip left on edge. Set it straight on top of the rubber matted platform. Then screwed every 6” or so around it so it’s air tight. Made it lighter and somewhat easier to maneuver when moving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m loving that blind man. Got me looking hard for a good deal on a poly tank.

Comment

Post the updated pics! lol That thing is NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
              Post the updated pics! lol That thing is NICE!

Man I don’t think I’ve takin any pictures of it, just videos. I’ll have to take one next time I’m up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X