Tundra Owners - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra Owners - Question

I'm looking at the possibility of moving into a Tundra in the next few weeks. I'm going to be looking at a used one that I can pay cash for. That means I'm going to be seeing trucks that are about 2012 model, with about 120K miles. I've owned a Tundra before, but I sold it at 80,000 miles. How are y'all Tundra owners doing past 100K miles? Any big issues to look for? I've also got a 30ft travel trailer with about 8000lb gross weight and 800lb tongue weight. Think that'll be fine on the 5.7 motor?

Thanks in advance. I'm currently in a 1999 F250 7.3 Diesel but looking to move out of the extended cab and into a crew cab gasser.

Mine is a 2010. I rolled 160k on a goose hunting trip to Arkansas last week. Only repair Ive had after 100k was a water pump. I’ve never pulled anything that heavy, I’m sure it would do it but expect the gas mileage while towing it to be about 7mpg.

Comment

I've got a 2014 with the 5.7 motor and it pulled my 7600 pound TT without a problem at all. Never had anything go wrong with mine.

Comment

if it has been maintained you'll have no problem going way past 100K.

I drive a 2012 and just hit 90K, nothing but brakes replaced so far.

I would highly recommend airbags in the back for pulling weight.

Comment

It will handle it but you can watch the gas gauge move towing. Mine is 3 years old with 125k on it and no issues

Comment

My 2015 had 220000 miles and was great, towed loads I should not have. Biggest thing will be stopping power and the wind drag, expect single digit mpg.

Comment

I have a 2019, I got the TSS package with 0% finance, mine is the SR trim model, look for this trim and option. I would see what they could offer u in a new truck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

But every toyota I have owned I have got close to 300k miles before selling. My Tacoma is 200k and changed the brakes. My parents camary got 700k miles. I love Toyota's

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an 2007 with the 5.7 have owned since it had 60k miles. At 125k it needed a water pump. Up to 180k now with no issues.

I have a 32 foot camper that weighs just about like yours. I tow it with no issues. Get about 9 mpg towing if I am on a highway type road. 6/7 mpg if you throw in some hills and frequent braking.

Comment

2013 186k and going strong. Best half ton I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm at 160K on my 2013. Alternator went out at 135k and that's all the trouble I've had

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                        At 125k it needed a water pump.
                        Did you do it as scheduled maintenance? If not what was the symptom the water pump was failing?

Just curious what to watch for in mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

OUR RANCH TRUCK IS A 2008 Tundra with 298300 on it and i have a 2010 Crewmax with 193000. change the oil and tire and brakes is all I have had done to mine.

Comment

Nothing to watch out for honestly. I just traded in my 2007 with 447,000 miles. I never had to touch that 5.7 liter engine!!!! I got a used tranny put in it at 430k or so. I keep up with maintenance thru Toyota...…..outside of oil changes and tires. The trucks are incredible. My 2019 is only about two month old but I look forward to putting MANY miles on it also.

Comment

My wife drives a 2011 it has about 135,000ish on it with zero issues other than a new starter at about 95,000
                              It will pull your trailer but you will get about 8 or 9 miles to the gallon. You will also need a weight distribution/sway control hitch or you will have to steer that thing with a boat paddle (ask me how I know) I had to pull our camper that is 7169 pounds and just under 800 pound tongue weight when my super duty was stolen less than a week before we left for the Frio river on vacation. Luckily, the camper was at the lease just south of Kerrville and I didn’t have to pull it far

If you find yourself in need of a weight distribution hitch....I have one

Comment

Working...
                              X