No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bees showed up on my parent’s place last week.
    This pic is the main line of pallets.i think it is anround 65 pallets. Almost all the pallets are 4 hives. There’s about 20 more pallets in this field, and several hundred 5-frame nucs in another. They had just been dropped off the day before, and were a little hot from being shipped in, so I decided to not get any closer for pictures. I’ll try to get a better picture in the next week or so. The guy has a contract with HEB. My parents don’t charge him, but he definitely spoils them with honey. This is the third year they have used the place.

Comment

So, I failed last year miserably.
      Put my trap out a week ago, now have a swarm in my trap.
      Question is, how long to wait before relocating them to my hive?
      I waited too long last year, and it was a total cluster.
      Dont want to mess this chance up.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post

Not seen that or heard of a hive killing their queen.
        My best guess is that you damaged the queen in the clip.
        I have had it happen twice. Did not hurt the Queen. Beekeeping has become very frustrating. I have caught several swarms this year and they all have absconded.

Comment

I have not read through this thread, but I need somebody to come remove bees 7 miles north west of Eden. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Ran across this & thought of you guys...

Comment

Taking a bee keeping class the 11th!

Comment

Bought a couple of nucs and this morning I moved them into a deep box. Fire ants were building a nest on top of the cinder block that I had the nuc box setting on. What do y’all use to control fire ants?

Comment

Working...
                X