No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is our queen yard set up. We are currently grafting around 1000 queens a day.
    Attached Files

Comment

Making splits this week, lambs queens come in Friday....

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
        loemylegacy....would you recommend getting started with a flow hive? I'm thinking I want to try my hand at this in the backyard this year. Flow hive seems like the most fool proof way to start (although expensive, but its a hobby, theyre all expensive!)
        A Flow Hive was my first hive. A lot of first time beekeepers use them. It worked for me and really it lit my fire in wanting to be a beekeeper. I do not recommend a Flow Hive to be the only hive you have. They are pricey, but worth it, however, you cant go wrong with a straight Langstroth hive. If I can recommend one thing, go with an 8 frame sized hive. They are a little easier to manage.

Comment

Inspected my hives last week, everything looks great right now. One hive that I had transferred from a Barbq pit, looks awfully small, not sure they gonna make it. I expanded all of them with a brood box or a Super. When I put an extra Brood Box on one of my Flow Hives, a lot of the bees abandoned it, but I figured that could happen. Im trying to increase my hive size, so it will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            Here is our queen yard set up. We are currently grafting around 1000 queens a day.
            How do you do that?!! A 1000? That's incredible.

Comment

Looks like you guys need to spray some pyrethrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No formal beekeeping here on my part, but I’m kind of hoping the hard freeze killed a feral hive I’ve been having problems with on my family place. They are hot as all get-out, and in the hollow of an old tree. They came after me 3 separate times last year... all 3 times I was 8-10 yards away, and they chased me over 60 yards. If they happen to still be alive I’ll let anyone who wants them take them.. hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

Making splits this week, lambs queens come in Friday....
                  She’s really laying solid wow !!

Comment

very nice pics, 1000 a day impressive, but what I noticed in the pic was black gloves, what's up with that? We did our 1st grafts Sunday afternoon, but only 20

Comment

It’s difficult for the bees to get a grip on the latex gloves to sting you. It provides more feel and touch so you can grab frames easier.

Comment

Happening now.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_103459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	24648492Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_103440.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24648493

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Older part with plenty of honey. Newer part they were adding on. Freeze obviously took down the numbers though.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_105053.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	24648497

Comment

DRT, Im jealous

Comment

He's only been in Abilene a few months and just getting hives established. I'm hoping in the future he wouldn't mind having hives on our place. The flowers out here feed them well.

Comment

Im in Houston
                                For the last 3 springs I have had a swarm attack my house(large covered back porch).
                                What would be the best way to catch them?
                                A guy on craigslist has used 10 frame boxes for $60 asking price.
                                Could I use one of these without the frames as a trap box and put the frames in later?

Comment

Working...
                                X