No announcement yet.

Fischer’s in Muenster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope it is better sausage that we will actually eat this time. I don’t hold out a whole lot of hope since I have 2 varieties and it is both terrible but we shall see. Worth the effort to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      There are also people who don't pick up their meat for whatever reason.

Figured that would be the most common reason for extra but what if they show up in a couple weeks???

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
        I used to spend time in Gainesville with work and stumbled upon Fischer's. I cant speak for their processing but I will tell you that the jerky they make and sell is awesome! Their honey comb salami is really good to. I wish there were a reason to take me that way so I can stock up.
        Try their stuffed pork chops!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
          Well.......since you asked

So when he said bring it all and we will exchange it all and fix the problem, I inquired about the fact my deer was obviously gone so there was no real fixing it with venison. He said he had plenty of venison sausage. No clue if there is a bunch of overages in the batch sausage world. Not exactly sure.

I do plan to ask someone, other than the owner, when I was there on Sunday. Curiosity will get the best of me. Have to ask.

LOL....it would me as well. 100# is a lot of overage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Figured that would be the most common reason for extra but what if they show up in a couple weeks???

I’m sure their policy states a time frame in which they must pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              I’m sure their policy states a time frame in which they must pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably. I know Hall’s in Coleman is February 1st.

Comment

Bullydog also told me about Blue Bonnet. Gonna run up their and try some of their regular smoked sausage to give me an idea of what they are making. Only about 45 minutes up the roads from me.
                Bluebonnet is fantastic. I have taken several deer a year there for last several years and have had zero complaints and they make sure you get your deer back with a tracking system

Comment

Update:

So traded out all of the sausage last Sunday at Fischer’s on my way home from duck hunting. Finally had the fire pit rolling last night and threw a pack on the regular smoked sausage on.

Overall this is a better sausage, but nothing I would ever consider having made again. This one is a rougher grind and not nearly as “mushy” but the same flavor is there but not quite as strong. It has a sage breakfast sausage taste to it is all that I can compare it to.

That being said, Fishers could not have possibly handled it any better from a customer service standpoint. They were also not happy with the quality of the butcher paper wrap job of the sausage I returned so I am sure they will address that internally.

I do want to try the taco links though but will probably just try them out of the meat counter first. Their customer service was good enough that I would actually like to give them business just not on smoked venison sausage.

Glad I called and made the effort to go back.

Comment

Did they ever taste what you brought back or just take your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Did they ever taste what you brought back or just take your word for it.

Since I wasn’t happy with it they wanted it back to see what was going on with it and then to get me different sausage. We just traded and rolled last Sunday but they were putting it in boxes and labeling it so I can only assume they were going to check it.

It was as simple as I wasn’t happy with the product and they were going to try to fix the problem. Great folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X