Fischer’s in Muenster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    Yes I do, County Judge. And I do not have any affiliation with fishers, i just know the folks that own it, they are fine folks, would not intentionally cheat anyone. I do have two first cousins that work the meat department, one of them has made their sausage for maybe 30 years, the other is a meat cutter.

That’s cool. Since you were from that area and it’s a unique name I figured it had to be a relative.

I didn’t think you were affiliated at all. Didn’t take your comments that way.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      My buddy who use to work there had a guy bring a deer in the Monday after Thanksgiving. It usually wouldn't be that weird except the deer was in the trunk of a car, guts still in it, and the guy shot it on Thanksgiving.

Un-gutted bloating deer probably wasn't a Fischers problem.

Stories like this and the whole “batch sausage” deal could very well be the source of my issues.

Going to take them a pack of each this weekend so they can compare it to how they feel it is supposed to taste. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        I don’t think I got on here bashing Fischer’s at all. Just looking for other guys opinions and trying to figure out what happened with over 100# of sausage that I paid quite a bit of money for.

On the flip side, if some people shy away from them because of this thread I can’t say that would bother me. Saving nothing but positive reviews/experiences for the internet or forums is not exactly being honest with people. I did a bunch of research on here about Fischer’s before I took my sons deer there. Sure wish I would have found the information that I have read in this thread before hand.

Just my opinion though.
        Didn’t take it that way and I think this comment is spot on.

Comment

I've used Fischer's several times and have had good luck with the quality each time. It seems that the sausage-making can vary according to the processor in terms of quality and consistency. I had one done several years ago at a place that was closer to the ranch than Fischer's just to give them a try. The jalapeno cheddar smoked sausage was horrible- large chunks of white fat that crumbled when you sliced the log, and occasional bites of rancid-tasting meat. I thought it was a bad log but the others were the same. I tried them again the next year and pulled the meat guy aside and told him that last year's batch tasted like doodoo and gave him a tip to look after my deer. The sausage was great and no complaints about any of the processing.
          So I think even the best places can have a bad batch now and then, and, like some of the others here, that is probably from them combining someone's gut-shot overheated deer into the mix. Seems like all the places weigh whatever is left of your deer after taking the backstraps and tenderloins out and that's how much meat you get from the commingled pile.

Comment

Stories like this and the whole “batch sausage” deal could very well be the source of my issues.

Going to take them a pack of each this weekend so they can compare it to how they feel it is supposed to taste. We shall see.
            I don’t think they took that particular deer, but batching the meat certainly could have been the issue. A lot to f people don’t take care of their game like they should.

Comment

If you're close to Trenton, give Bluebonnet a try. Had several wild and domestic hogs done there and they do a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                If you're close to Trenton, give Bluebonnet a try. Had several wild and domestic hogs done there and they do a great job.

Bullydog also told me about Blue Bonnet. Gonna run up their and try some of their regular smoked sausage to give me an idea of what they are making. Only about 45 minutes up the roads from me.

Comment

The place in Lindsay makes some great bologna.

Comment

To follow up, on the advice of this thread, I called Fischer’s and spoke to Kyle in the meat department. He was concerned and asked me to bring a pack of each back to try and figure it out and also said he would have Steven contact me.

Just received a call from Steven about it as well. He said to save me the extra hassle/trip, just bring it all back when we come through this weekend and he will exchange it all out.

Hoping the replacement sausage tastes different(better), but you can not possibly ask for better customer service than that. Hats off to Fischer’s for caring about a customers concern and taking care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                      The place in Lindsay makes some great bologna.
                      Better than Fischers ?? Where in Lindsay

Comment

I have been going to Fischers for years and have never gotten anything bad, and I have tried everything they make. Now last year I did get the Brauts, and I didn't like them. They were not bad I just didn't like the mustard seeds in them, they still got ate though. About 4 years ago they didn't give me all of my meat back, when I called and spoke to them they found it in a box in the freezer and since I live 100 miles away they gave me a $50.00 credit for my trouble. I bone out all of my meat myself and take it to them after they stop doing the bulk grind, usually the first week of February. I have to buy a 25# minimum of sausage but I would do that anyway, plus they usually get my meat back to me in 2 weeks.

Comment

To follow up, on the advice of this thread, I called Fischer’s and spoke to Kyle in the meat department. He was concerned and asked me to bring a pack of each back to try and figure it out and also said he would have Steven contact me.

Just received a call from Steven about it as well. He said to save me the extra hassle/trip, just bring it all back when we come through this weekend and he will exchange it all out.

Hoping the replacement sausage tastes different(better), but you can not possibly ask for better customer service than that. Hats off to Fischer’s for caring about a customers concern and taking care of it.

What is going to switch it out with? Someone elses deer?

Comment

I used to spend time in Gainesville with work and stumbled upon Fischer's. I cant speak for their processing but I will tell you that the jerky they make and sell is awesome! Their honey comb salami is really good to. I wish there were a reason to take me that way so I can stock up.

Comment

Fischer’s in Muenster

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              What is going to switch it out with? Someone elses deer?

Well.......since you asked

So when he said bring it all and we will exchange it all and fix the problem, I inquired about the fact my deer was obviously gone so there was no real fixing it with venison. He said he had plenty of venison sausage. No clue if there is a bunch of overages in the batch sausage world. Not exactly sure.

I do plan to ask someone, other than the owner, when I was there on Sunday. Curiosity will get the best of me. Have to ask.
                              Last edited by TexasCanesFan; 01-22-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Well.......since you asked

So when he said bring it all and we will exchange it all and fix the problem, I inquired about the fact my deer was obviously gone so there was no real fixing it with venison. He said he had plenty of venison sausage. No clue if there is a bunch of overages in the batch sausage world. Not exactly sure.

I do plan to ask someone, other than the owner, when I was there on Sunday. Curiosity will get the best of me. Have to ask.
                                There are also people who don't pick up their meat for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X