2020 white bass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    How far up spring creek will these suckers travel?
    I may or may not have caught them under 45 before.

If chico still works at berts dirt works on the feeder rd ask him

Comment

Son fished the high school invitational tough man tournament last weekend and was tearing the whites up on belton. Said it was fun the first dozen but got mad after that. Said it didn’t matter what they threw they kept hook in them whites.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Anybody tried waco?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        Breck and I made a run out Saturday afternoon and yesterday morning. Water temp still 50-51 and not much activity with the whites. Talked to a few people that have tested south and middle Bosque's for whites recently and did not have any luck.

We did set a few test 2 hook jugs in 15 to 9 foot and picked up a few channel and blues.........

As you probably already know, Waco is down (way down) and running up north is a little tricky right now if you don't know the river.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Have access near it so was curious. Walked about a 150 yard strech of the creek but nothing deeper than 2.5-3.5 feet probably so not sure if that’ll work or not

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Have access near it so was curious. Walked about a 150 yard strech of the creek but nothing deeper than 2.5-3.5 feet probably so not sure if that’ll work or not
            Im sure Harvey messed up a lot of it

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Just about every Convenient store and Bait shop around Buchanan Carries them. Not sure where else.

Found their web site

https://lrpfishing.com/shop?olsPage=products&page=2
              Royce Simmons uses something very similar. Not sure if it's the same brand.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Theres white bass in spring creek????

Comment

Im sure Harvey messed up a lot of it
                  Taylor went yesterday afternoon and he said he waded about about 1/2 mile to get to good fishing and he caught about 25 or 30. He said all of them were males about 10" to 12". No big females at all. He did say it was rougher getting to the spots he fishes from the flood last year in May and that flood we had back in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Taylor went yesterday afternoon and he said he waded about about 1/2 mile to get to good fishing and he caught about 25 or 30. He said all of them were males about 10" to 12". No big females at all. He did say it was rougher getting to the spots he fishes from the flood last year in May and that flood we had back in Sept.
                    Been a lot of males for us also. Especially this weekend. Last week not so much but the fishin was better last week also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished around 99 above Choke Canyon today. Started slow, but found a few spots holding fish well. Wound up catching about 30. Caught and released. Neither of us felt like cleaning.

Also took a hook to the thumb good and deep. Gotta watch those rat-l-traps!

Comment

My son found some today. He caught about 24. Most were still small males but managed 6 nice females. All caught on hand tied crappie jigs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My son found some today. He caught about 24. Most were still small males but managed 6 nice females. All caught on hand tied crappie jigs.

Where brotha??

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Now you crossed the line.You can't catch White's on crappie jigs

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Now you crossed the line.You can't catch White's on crappie jigs

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              Hey there was one crappie lol. At least the jigs he is tying are working

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                                Where brotha??

Caney creek

Comment

Working...
                                X