No announcement yet.

2020 white bass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody had any luck below the Livingston dam, or heard from anyone else who has?

Comment

We fished Benbrook today and only caught a few in the river. Doesn't seem like they've really got going here. Water was 59 to 60 in the river, everyone we talked to on the water said it's still early.

Comment

My son went again today and they caught about 30 whites but only 8 keepers and a few small bass.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          My son went again today and they caught about 30 whites but only 8 keepers and a few small bass.

Nice! I see your in my neck of the woods, where snouts where y’all fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
            Nice! I see your in my neck of the woods, where snouts where y’all fishing?

Spring Creek

Comment

today: Finally big females. Been very few egg carriers and mainly little males. Late season to average timing. Some years it is over by now. It will be quickly over once the spawn is for real as it is on the San Gabriel. Does not take long to make them babies. (Do not ask)

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                I called SS Friday and she acted like not much going on “ they are catching some small ones”
                Thank you, gonna give it a try Thursday

Comment

Took the kids today behind lake Houston park and caught a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                    https://youtu.be/VMCRm6HaxdI
                    That was awesome! That boy is gonna be a movie star one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                      https://youtu.be/VMCRm6HaxdI

That’s good stuff man. Love it.

Comment

Caught 15 or 16 this am. Still a lot of dink males. 9 keepers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Son got it done again today. He caught around 50 but kept the bigger whites and threw back the smaller one's. There was 4 or 5 people fishing that didn't catch any or very few on the bank and watched him wading tearing them up. These fish are in deeper holes and biting small crappie jigs on 6lb test on ultra light gear.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Son got it done again today. He caught around 50 but kept the bigger whites and threw back the smaller one's. There was 4 or 5 people fishing that didn't catch any or very few on the bank and watched him wading tearing them up. These fish are in deeper holes and biting small crappie jigs on 6lb test on ultra light gear.
                            well done!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	reduced Whites pic 03112020.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	24611800
                              Little fun on San Gabriel today. Grand kids in school so all alone. Guess could have stayed home and did chores! Not.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	reduced Oliver and me whites 2020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24611801
                                Grandson and best friend. He is itching to go back. So tangled with Tablets and lap tops playing games. Thank you Lord he is enjoying fishing. keeps me out of trouble too (a little bit anyway)

Comment

Working...
                                X