2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Dang it man!! THAT’s a day’s work for a young man!! You makin’ us GOF proud!!
    You don’t think about it while you’re working the garden, cuz you gotta get it done. Thinking about it this morning, just to get started I had to take down the e-fence. 600 steps. Then I had to mow 3 rows of weeds that got out of control that I sprayed with roundup, so that my tiller could get down. Got done at 11 am, then canned until 7 pm or thereabouts. I might not do a **** thing today!

Comment

Picked 111 pounds of tomatoes Sunday. Brings me to 351 on the year on 22 plants. Made salsa and spaghetti sauce and gave a bunch away. Plants still loaded up and have picked about a third of way up so far

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
        Picked 111 pounds of tomatoes Sunday. Brings me to 351 on the year on 22 plants. Made salsa and spaghetti sauce and gave a bunch away. Plants still loaded up and have picked about a third of way up so far

That's fantastic!! Our garden is a bust this year again for the second year. Next year, I'm going to try to be ready to do both a nomal garden and one in Molasses tubs for at least maters n peppers! We're plum out of canned tomatoes... Those canned tomatoes are just so much better for stews, sauces and soups that the store-bought stuff... Those are good looking maters n that little wagon sir!! What variety??

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          That's fantastic!! Our garden is a bust this year again for the second year. Next year, I'm going to try to be ready to do both a nomal garden and one in Molasses tubs for at least maters n peppers! We're plum out of canned tomatoes... Those canned tomatoes are just so much better for stews, sauces and soups that the store-bought stuff... Those are good looking maters n that little wagon sir!! What variety??
          Mostly celebrity with a couple of better boys. A purple Cherokee a super salsa and a medium rare. I decided to weigh everything when I saw how loaded up they were early. First year to have a garden here as we just bought house last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post

Nice.

Comment

Comment

My habanero bush is going berserk. Produced 76 so far and has 127 on the bush with more flowers developing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                  Looking good!
                  You need to pick them peppers!

Comment

Question for the hydroponic guys....I have cucumbers growing like crazy (and about to put fruit on) in a 20 gallon drum...problem is there is only about 5 inches of water left...Can I refill it with the fertilizer/water mixture or will that drown all the roots?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                      Question for the hydroponic guys....I have cucumbers growing like crazy (and about to put fruit on) in a 20 gallon drum...problem is there is only about 5 inches of water left...Can I refill it with the fertilizer/water mixture or will that drown all the roots?
                      Thanks
                      Also interested. I was in same situation. Added more masterblend. They drowned Just had one bucket going as a trial. Wish I could help

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                        Thanks
                        Yes, you need to add water but not to the top. You need a good air pocket between the top and water level.

Comment

106 more pounds of tomatoes today and 552 for the year so far. Making lots of salsa

Comment

^^^ Dang that's a lot of tomatoes. Awesome garden. What do you blend/chop your salsa in??

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Looking good!
                              You need to pick them peppers!

Finally got around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                ^^^ Dang that's a lot of tomatoes. Awesome garden. What do you blend/chop your salsa in??
                                My meat grinder. Saves time and still good consistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X