No announcement yet.

2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live in Cleburne, would like to start small and succeed versus going all out and never seeing it through. Don't mind doing one small raised bed or buckets what would be the one easiest thing to grow that you would recommend? Starting in the spring I assume

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
      Live in Cleburne, would like to start small and succeed versus going all out and never seeing it through. Don't mind doing one small raised bed or buckets what would be the one easiest thing to grow that you would recommend? Starting in the spring I assume
      Start with a 8'x4' raised bed. Takes 2 treated boards 2"×12"×8' to make the frame. Put down weed barrier or cardboard for the base and fill with garden soil.
      Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and okra are all pretty easy to grow.

Comment

I used treated wood for many years. Works great and is not expensive. If I can find other material I avoid it due to the chemicals (I hear it is less of a threat on newer lumber). I had some old used 2" cedar that is around my 6" raised bed but it is so expensive to buy. Concrete blocks but messy and weedy. Regular timber is fine but will rot fast. I have used cedar fence pickets for smaller beds back filled with Texas Native Mulch to keep from bowing as bad. No answers but some thoughts.

Comment

still getting stuff of the pepper plants... Anyone else??

What can I plant now in the areas I have a bit of room??
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes sir! Carolina Reaper peppers still going strong! This has been a BUMPER crop for all my peppers. It took a good while to get going, but not I have 3 one gallon bags of them in my freezer!
            Attached Files

Comment

Broccoli, Cabbage, Collar Greens and Swiss Chard doing very well!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by LlanoHunter10; 12-20-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X