This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    On 14 January I have read the dumbest post I will read all year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DM, you obviously don't understand the process. The Hall of Fame is littered with a bunch of undrafted players.

Smart should know this as one of his fav players (undrafted FA) may be HOF eligible in a few years.
    Last edited by lovemylegacy; 01-14-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      You can use whatever term you want. That is exactly what I said. I used the term Walkon/Free Agent. They are players not drafted, they are not constricted by a draft pick and can go and "walk on" and try out for any team. That's starting from the bottom. Just because someone is eligible for the draft doesn't mean they have to do it. They can choose to be a free agent.

It was posed as a hypothetical situation and yokes blow it out of proportion.
      I’m pretty sure they can’t choose to be a free agent. I’m also pretty sure they wouldn’t want to for financial reasons.

Comment

DM, you obviously don't understand the process. The Hall of Fame is littered with a bunch of undrafted players.
        Littered? There are 16 players out of 326 in the NFL HOF that went undrafted, or just less than 5%. Only 4 of those were from the modern era (Super Bowl era) from 1967 until now.

Last edited by El General; 01-14-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Discuss LSU Football, Basketball, Baseball and all LSU Sports on the Tiger Rant. LSU Football is back and the Tiger Rant has all the info you need. - Page 200

Not so long ago many of the swamp rat faithful wanted THE GEAUXT and Shrimp Boat Capt. gone

Goes to show folks like us are all full of ****
          Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-14-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

You can use whatever term you want. That is exactly what I said. I used the term Walkon/Free Agent. They are players not drafted, they are not constricted by a draft pick and can go and "walk on" and try out for any team. That's starting from the bottom. Just because someone is eligible for the draft doesn't mean they have to do it. They can choose to be a free agent.

It was posed as a hypothetical situation and yokes blow it out of proportion.

Please stop!! No they cannot just walk on. And that is not what you said. They have to be offered a spot by the team and sign a contract. They can’t just show up. They cannot chose to be undrafted like YOU suggested Burrow should do...and go the UDF route .... you have to be draft eligible to participate out of college in the league....

Just take your lumps and move on.

Comment

Sagarin Top 10 Champs of the last 20 years

1. 2005 Texas 106.93
              2. 2001 Miami 106.36
              3. 2016 Clemson 105.35
              4. 2019 LSU 104.88
              5. 2011 Alabama 104.17
              6. 2004 USC 103.37
              7. 2018 Clemson 103.16
              8. 2013 Florida State 101.90
              9. 2000 Oklahoma 101.63
              10. 2017 Alabama 101.18

#HookEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Smart should know this as one of his fav players (undrafted FA) may be HOF eligible in a few years.

They weren't walkons... I see you are using terms we have educated you with now..

Congratulations..

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

1. 2005 Texas 106.93
                  2. 2001 Miami 106.36
                  3. 2016 Clemson 105.35
                  4. 2019 LSU 104.88
                  5. 2011 Alabama 104.17
                  6. 2004 USC 103.37
                  7. 2018 Clemson 103.16
                  9. 2000 Oklahoma 101.63
                  10. 2017 Alabama 101.18

#HookEm

There you go BAWWW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Littered? There are 16 players out of 326 in the NFL HOF that went undrafted, or just less than 5%. Only 4 of those were from the modern era (Super Bowl era) from 1967 until now.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/undrafted-hofers/
                    Kurt Warner was undrafted. I thought Terrell Davis was too, not sure about that one.

Littered? Sure, what term would you use?

Comment

2019 CFB Season National Championship Thread

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

1. 2005 Texas 106.93
                      2. 2001 Miami 106.36
                      3. 2016 Clemson 105.35
                      4. 2019 LSU 104.88
                      5. 2011 Alabama 104.17
                      6. 2004 USC 103.37
                      7. 2018 Clemson 103.16
                      9. 2000 Oklahoma 101.63
                      10. 2017 Alabama 101.18

#HookEm

Best team everrrrrr Chad c even agrees!!!! No take backs [emoji234][emoji471][emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        They weren't walkons... I see you are using terms we have educated you with now..

Congratulations..
                        Walk on is correct. Undrafted FA is a legal term. Same difference.

Comment

Oh brother......

Walk on is a college ONLY term. Kids can choose to pay tuition at any school of their choice and try out for the football team.

Undrafted free agents have to be approached by the team and offered a contract. They can't just walk in a teams facilities and say hey bro, I wanna play for y'all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-14-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Walk on is correct. Undrafted FA is a legal term. Same difference.

You misspelled "I was wrong for suggesting something as ridiculous as Joe Burrow walking on in the NFL....and I promise not to keep trying to justify my post. sorry fellas"

Comment

Comment

Who ties your shoes for you? God I hope you don't operate motorized equipment....

ALL of those players were eligible to be drafted AS REQUIRED by the NFL. That means any team could have taken them with any draft pick, and no one wanted them. Joe Burrow aint Tony Romo....EVERYONE knows he's one of the better qbs to come out of college in decades. He's going to go top 3 and that is THAT!

HE HAS TO ENTER THE DRAFT!!

Comment

Working...
                                X