This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    I was thinking about this and everybody is saying, "oh well nice run" to the Cincy Bengals you go.
    But what if he didn't declare for the draft and walked on a NFL team of his choice? Wouldn't that so like Joe?
    Joe is a baller. He gonna get that guaranteed money the first player in the NFL draft gets. He is going home. Gonna make Cinci great again.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      Little before my time, but I hear Nebraska 95 team referred to as the team with the best OL ever that could tell the defense what they were running and still bulldoze them.
      Answer honestly. 19 LSU vs. 05 Texas and VY?

Or the USC team with Bush and Leinert?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grabbing for straws. I know there are guys that play the NFL that were not drafted, happens every year. usually doesn't happen to high draft picks.
        This is why you can't be taken seriously....THEY HAVE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT!

Comment

Grabbing for straws. I know there are guys that play the NFL that were not drafted, happens every year. usually doesn't happen to high draft picks.

Hate to see the kid go to Cincy. Same thing will probably happen next year with Trevor. Gonna be interesting.
          Maybe sports isnt your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            Joe is a baller. He gonna get that guaranteed money the first player in the NFL draft gets. He is going home. Gonna make Cinci great again.
            No confidence in the Upper management.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              This is why you can't be taken seriously....THEY HAVE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT!
              After the draft, there are players undrafted that can go and try out for any team they want. Its part of the process. The draft is just one way to get on the team. There are not enough rounds in the draft to fill every team, thus the term Walk on/Free Agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Answer honestly. 19 LSU vs. 05 Texas and VY?

Or the USC team with Bush and Leinert?

I don't think I could really choose one of those over the other. USC and Texas in 05 were pretty evenly matched teams. USC was up 12 with 8 mins to go in the 4th, then Texas came back and won it.

2019 LSU though has a pretty **** unstoppable offense. All 3 of them deserve to be 1A, 1B, 1C, but I would just like to see 01 Miami and their D play LSU O

Comment

After the draft, there are players undrafted that can go and try out for any team they want. Its part of the process. The draft is just one way to get on the team. There are not enough rounds in the draft to fill every team, thus the term Walk on/Free Agent.
                  All those players are draft eligible and not chosen in the draft.

Comment

and I haven't followed the conversation, but if someone is saying Burrow is passing up top 1-2-3 draft money to walk on a team of his choice, that's not happening, ever.

He'd pull an Eli Manning and tell them he refuses to play for them so they either don't draft him, trade him, or draft him and he sits out and enters the draft the next year for the $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      So again, maybe the dumbest comment / analysis I have ever read.
                      You did not beat 5 of the top 5, or 4 for that matter.
                      LSU beat the following Top 5 teams (4 to be exact)
                      and the opponents ranking at game time.

#3 ALA - in Tuscaloosa
                      #4 UGA - SECG - neutral site
                      #4 OU - CFP semi's -neutral site
                      #3 CLEM - NCG - neutral site

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        LSU beat the following Top 5 teams (4 to be exact)
                        and the opponents ranking at game time.

#3 ALA - in Tuscaloosa
                        #4 UGA - SECG - neutral site
                        #4 OU - CFP semi's -neutral site
                        #3 CLEM - NCG - neutral site
                        Finally, someone with actual FACTS! Thank you for your service!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          Ohio State is number 3 and LSU is number 1

So again, maybe the dumbest comment / analysis I have ever read. You did not beat 5 of the top 5, or 4 for that matter.
                          4 of the top teams in the country. I know you don't like the "ranking at time of competition" which was 7 top 10 teams by the way, so I will leave it at current AP top 10 as of Jan 14 2020. #2 Clemson, #4 Georgia, #6 Florida, #7 Oklahoma, #8 Alabama.

Add on top ALL the team records and personal accolades earned this year, and this team is undoubtedly the best team in history of FBS. Heisman, Jim Thorpe, Walter Camp, Davy O'Brian, Biletnikoff, Maxwell Award, AP Player of the Year, College Coach of the Year, Assistant coach of the year, and Joe Moore award.

Add it up.
                          Top QB
                          Top Coach
                          Top Assistant Coach
                          Top O-line
                          Top DB
                          Top Overall College Player
                          15-0
                          Grueling SOS
                          Dominant National Championship win
                          DOZENS of FBS Records shattered.

If this is not grounds to be crowned best team in CFB History, then I don't know how to top it.

Comment

Probably need to stop before you get in any deeper. They are not walk-ons.

They are called undrafted free agents. Players that were eligible for the draft and did not get drafted. They can't go out and tryout for any team they want. Each team SIGNS a few after the draft for training camp to search for a diamond in the rough. They can decide who they sign with after a team offers the contract but most are just lucky to sign with on team. Joe ain't going that route.
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-14-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Final ranking matters. Not at the time. They can't count Texas as a top 10 victory.

Comment

I just can't understand the love for Georgia, they lost to south carolina, and hell beat us by less than a TD at home. I just don't see how anyone could think they were better than Alabama this year (prior to Tua Injury).

Bama vs LSU was the best game of the year I watched.
                                Last edited by EastTexasMan; 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X