• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ditto above...…………..

Comment

Prayers sent up high.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent, Hope for a speedy recovery brother and thanks for the reminder for myself!

Comment

Dang Chris. So glad it wasn’t worse and yes you are able to hug your family. Years ago I was coming down a ladder stand in the dark and thought I was on the last step. I found out the hard way that I wasn’t. Not anywhere near what happened to you. Fell and landed on my tail bone and shook me all the way to my core.
          Wear your fall arrest systems all the time fellas and get well soon Chris.

Comment

Wow. prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
              Hey all, I don't post a lot of threads. I like to chime in on score threads, equipment threads or to let people know a sent a prayer for them. Well this is me asking for a prayer for recovery. On Sunday morning on the last morning of the season I had the last step come out of the tree I was climbing as I stepped on a stand. This was an old stand and there was no climbing rope. I fell about 23 feet. Compression fractures from T12 to L4. I also had to have my C3/C5 fused. Now looking at three months in a back and neck brace may prevent future surgeries. I do know I will never climb a stand that doesn't have a safety rope and I'll always use my lineman belt. I may be a ground blind guy from here on out. Time will tell. I know we all know this can happen but hopefully this post will make at least one of you start wearing your harness every time you climb to your stand. God bless, hug you family. I'm thankful I still can mine.

Chris
              Prayers your way to you & your family for a smooth & full recovery. Just remember this, every injury is different. Do what you have to do to WIN! Never lose the will power,drive & determination to make it to the next step. Stay focused, It's gonna be a long slow frustrating process. Best wishes to your success and keep on trucking...Had a L1/L2 compression fracture in 83', outta work 5 yrs, hand controls to drive, wheel chair sports, etc , Like you said...time will tell. God bless.

Comment

Man, wishing you well. I used to think stands with handrails or rope lines were silly, now I think stands without them are silly

Comment

I sincerely appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. And thanks to all of y'all sharing your own experiences. I know I will NEVER climb a tree again without safety equipment. I may just ground myself like Slicefixer and eliminate the risk of falling completely. I have the love of my life to grow old with and two perfect little girls to raise. Lots to think about. God bless all and please be careful. We don't bounce, we splat.

Comment

Every year, we see accidents like OP's and hear the same treestand PSAs. Still, it wasn't until i fell out of my tripod that I began using safety harness on my taller stand. Luckily, I was able to learn my lesson a little closer to the ground.

Here's to hoping for an exceptionally speedy recovery Glad it wasn't worse!

Comment

I had one of those screw in steps give loose out of an oak tree about 10 yrs ago. I got truly lucky as the tree was slightly curved away from me and I was able to bear hug it before making a complete 15' fall. That really hit home for me. I rarely hunt from trees now, although for different reasons but that incident is still very vivid for me.
                      I also had a 12' tripod go over with me at the very top in the mid 90's. I rode it down until I was about halfway to the ground when I jumped horizontally away from it. Again I got lucky, but it's not just tree stands.
                      Hoping for a speedy recovery for ya !

Comment

Dang man. Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent. The older I get the more I hunt out of ground blinds for this very reason.

Comment

good grief...23'..lucky it wasn't worse than it was, and that sounds bad enough. I will certainly send up a prayer or three for you sir

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Prayers up! Good reminder to us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X