No announcement yet.

McCarthy new Cowboy coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Johnson nor Billy Parcels (both SB winning coaches), couldn't get past the 'YES' portion of the Cowboys. Either you're a YES MAN or you give up and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      I keep seeing the argument that he only won 1 SB with Aaron Rogers. Yeah, and Sean Payton has only won 1 with Drew Brees. So what?

McCarthy isn't who I was hoping for. But I'll take it. Now we will have to see if Jerry will let him do his thing.
      So...both coaches have arguably underachieved with the teams they have had. At what point do you look at them and say let's move on. Packers did it and still made the playoffs. Rodgers isn't the QB he was a few years ago, would McCarthy have got them there this year? Saints have had a excellent team 3 years in a row and have won one playoff game. When do you look at the coach as a/the problem? McCarthy had Favre/Rodgers for 13 years, Payton has had Brees for 13 years as well. So 26 years with 3 HOF QB's and 1 championship for each coach. Better than none I guess and he is an upgrade over Garrett. Nothing left to do now except to see how much say McCarthy gets in his roster and decisions. We can revisit when we see the product.

Comment

Meh

Comment

SUPPOSEDLY he is going to be able to hire his own staff....been awhile since piano wire has allowed that. IF true, that's a switch. You can bet he'll call the plays, something apparently Garrett wasn't given the opportunity to do with his arse on the line this year. (pretty unfair IMOP)

McCarthy has certainly done his homework during his year off trying to improve himself as a coach. That says something for his desire to be a better coach, and he's already a solid one. As for the others, especially college coaches, Jerry is too old to go with anyone unproven as an NFL coach, and I can't blame him....too big of a risk.

As is plainly evident, Jerry is going to have to change his ways or the coach is irrelevant....at least IMOP. Jerry IS the problem and has been since JJ walked, again, IMOP.

I'll just be happy if McCarthy holds the players accountable and doesn't stand there clapping like a wind up toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            They watched the game yesterday...Chop Chop Choppa.
            I would not hire him either based on that garbage plan.

Comment

Definitely better than what the Texans currently have

Comment

Won't matter unless Jerry becomes just an owner.

Comment

Welcome to Texas...McCarthy. Time to put on some **** kickers and...go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    reports indicate that McCarthy killed it during the interview and told Jerry everything he wanted to hear. MM has been out of work for 1.5 yrs, and supposedly during his off-time he has assembled a coaching staff that is ready to go. Will be interesting to see what coaches are on his staff, especially the DC since Dom Capers is currently employed in JAX.
                    Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    Sounds like McCarthy has been preparing for this opportunity. Not just sitting around hoping he gets a gig. Pretty interesting video. I've only seen part of it so far.

How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports - YouTube
                    Heard this on the radio this morning, very refreshing to hear. He wasn't the guy I'd have preferred, but he's got as good a chance to be successful as anyone under Jerry. He has always had a reputation of being an ELITE quarterback teacher.

Something to look forward to for the first time in several years...

Comment

why in the heck is it too quick a decision? Maybe we should've waited till the decent picks were all gone? lol.

At least Jerry didn't drag this out till training camp like we thought he would.

Comment

^agreed

Comment

he will hit the ground running so it was a good pick and not to mention the best guy available.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Pete Carrol was a pretty good retread... So was Bill Belichick[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Both had to get in the right place to shine.

McCarthey has 4 NFC Championships and one Super Bowl. That’s an experience upgrade over the Clapper to me.

On Jerry.. He’s 78. Hard to expect him to hire a college coach or a newbie that may take several years. He has a team that is supposedly ready now. He doesn;t ahve time to hire what fans "would like to see." I can understand hiring the "best available" now with HC experience and trying to get it done before he dies. I’m by no means wowed but I understand and am optimistic.

Don’t forget the Andy Reid retread. I’ll take experience right now over an experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              Don’t forget the Andy Reid retread. I’ll take experience right now over an experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Burden and Dungy.....Vermeil....etc.....

They've got a solid roster, "talent" everywhere so they say.... needing a solid coach..... a sold NFL coach.....proven.....McCarthy would definitely qualify, more so than anyone available based on that criteria.....

We shall see......for 5 years apparently or until JJ's expiration date.....

JJ will have to change.....IMOP

We shall see....

Comment

Mike Nolan has been named the DC.

Comment

Working...
                                X