• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to S P?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      What happened to S P?

They watched the game yesterday...Chop Chop Choppa.

Comment

Comment

Jason, why was he out of a job?
          I think the Cowboys jumped the gun and make this decision too quick. I hope he's a good coach...

Comment

I keep seeing the argument that he only won 1 SB with Aaron Rogers. Yeah, and Sean Payton has only won 1 with Drew Brees. So what?

McCarthy isn't who I was hoping for. But I'll take it. Now we will have to see if Jerry will let him do his thing.

Comment

Well....he’s won more Superbowls in Cowboy stadium than Jerrah has

Comment

reports indicate that McCarthy killed it during the interview and told Jerry everything he wanted to hear. MM has been out of work for 1.5 yrs, and supposedly during his off-time he has assembled a coaching staff that is ready to go. Will be interesting to see what coaches are on his staff, especially the DC since Dom Capers is currently employed in JAX.

Comment

Sounds like McCarthy has been preparing for this opportunity. Not just sitting around hoping he gets a gig. Pretty interesting video. I've only seen part of it so far.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj37Txihe0w"]How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Another retread has been coach. Hope he does well but I don't see it. Doesn't really matter as long as Jerry owns the team. He can't stay out of the locker room and the players answer to him not the head coach. Garrett wanted all offensive play calling duties for this past season, Jerry said no and hired Winslow. Called good plays at times but in critical plays game on the the line he stunk.

Comment

I see a lot of bitchin but not many of those doing the whining putting any names up. I’ll take McCarthy over what I saw as the available field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never understood the methodology of hiring somebody that has already been fired in the same position previously. Especially when that person was fired from a dang good program. In my mind, you are accepting the crumbs from a team that is better than you. I'd rather hire a guy who has a track record of success and then fails on you for the first time than a guy who has already failed for someone else and trying to regain success..

I would have liked to see Urban Myer or Chris Peterson.. or a former player that is currently having success as a coordinator. Doug Pederson and Vrable come to mind with recent successes.

Comment

McCarthy new Cowboy coach

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Another retread has been coach. Hope he does well but I don't see it. Doesn't really matter as long as Jerry owns the team. He can't stay out of the locker room and the players answer to him not the head coach. Garrett wanted all offensive play calling duties for this past season, Jerry said no and hired Winslow. Called good plays at times but in critical plays game on the the line he stunk.

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                          I've never understood the methodology of hiring somebody that has already been fired in the same position previously. Especially when that person was fired from a dang good program. In my mind, you are accepting the crumbs from a team that is better than you. I'd rather hire a guy who has a track record of success and then fails on you for the first time than a guy who has already failed for someone else and trying to regain success..

I would have liked to see Urban Myer or Chris Peterson.. or a former player that is currently having success as a coordinator. Doug Pederson and Vrable come to mind with recent successes.

Pete Carrol was a pretty good retread... So was Bill Belichick[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Both had to get in the right place to shine.

McCarthey has 4 NFC Championships and one Super Bowl. That’s an experience upgrade over the Clapper to me.

On Jerry.. He’s 78. Hard to expect him to hire a college coach or a newbie that may take several years. He has a team that is supposedly ready now. He doesn;t ahve time to hire what fans "would like to see." I can understand hiring the "best available" now with HC experience and trying to get it done before he dies. I’m by no means wowed but I understand and am optimistic.
                          Last edited by Smart; 01-06-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Sounds like McCarthy has been preparing for this opportunity. Not just sitting around hoping he gets a gig. Pretty interesting video. I've only seen part of it so far.

How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports - YouTube
                            my views change a bit after this interview. He's a beast haha. Cowboys still suck IMO. I actually kind of feel bad that McCartys "comeback" is with the cowboys haha.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports - YouTube

I like his drive anyway. That's much better than the spitter and clapper whose "process"..... "in all three phases of the game" was the suck!

Comment

I'll freakin' take it! I'm willing to bet he was very high on JJ wish list all along, if not the top spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X