No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some scouting and put 19 in the livewell. Going to try them again in Wed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crappie did not want to cooperate this afternoon! Beat miles of banks and trees and only caught two. Both were on the same stump.

Two of the darkest prettiest crappie I've ever caught though. Big one was 14".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ought to be plenty of water for them in East Texas with all this rain

Comment

Now my next 3 tourneys are cancelled or postponed! Ugg!

That said I have this Sat the 21st open and April 4-5th for Fork or Palestine. Fishing on Fork has been great!

If you wanna see what the Livescope fuss is about and catch some slabs holler!

Comment

Waco crappie are frustrating! Beat coves, creeks, structure, trees from 2'-10'for 6 hours. Not one crappie.

Did catch 7-8 bass.

Anybody got any tips, colors or focus points?

Had the best luck so far with a pink 1/8oz road runner, and white hair. Lost my last one yesterday. Tried white and pink heads, and different color plastic jigs with no success today.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Waco crappie are frustrating! Beat coves, creeks, structure, trees from 2'-10'for 6 hours. Not one crappie.

Did catch 7-8 bass.

Anybody got any tips, colors or focus points?

Had the best luck so far with a pink 1/8oz road runner, and white hair. Lost my last one yesterday. Tried white and pink heads, and different color plastic jigs with no success today.

I used to go to Midway park I think, south side by bridge, from bridge to creek entrance. Used clear yellow roadrunner. Not sure if you can get a boat up in the creek there. I was in a 10' flat bottom and hit some structure under the water. Other side from that was speiggeleville? sp there is an island on one side, fish between there and land I did really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                I used to go to Midway park I think, south side by bridge, from bridge to creek entrance. Used clear yellow roadrunner. Not sure if you can get a boat up in the creek there. I was in a 10' flat bottom and hit some structure under the water. Other side from that was speiggeleville? sp there is an island on one side, fish between there and land I did really good.
                Fished that whole creek yesterday. Have caught a few in the past there. No crappie but did pull a 2lb bass out of there. My boat is smaller. Can go real shallow.

Haven't tried yellow. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Fished that whole creek yesterday. Have caught a few in the past there. No crappie but did pull a 2lb bass out of there. My boat is smaller. Can go real shallow.

Haven't tried yellow. Worth a shot.

Sometimes they would go deep water. Have you ever been on the River, I want to say Hwy 180 bridge crossing ? there was a oxygen generator there or something.

Comment

I generally launch at Koehne and fish either down the south and middle bosque, or up to the dam.
                    The bubbles are by the dam. But they got pushed up the bank last year with the high water and nobody ever fixed them. Used to be good for hybrid and whites all summer.

I'm convinced I can't find them in the deep with my lowrance. I'm either too dumb or its defective. I can get them off banks and visible structure generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      Fish first! Then drink beer. Then you won’t care about the fence!!
                      Boom! When you spend your tax return on livescope gotta do some DIY to save some $!

Rain and 20 mph winds in north texas seems everyday this week. But Saturday is looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Boom! When you spend your tax return on livescope gotta do some DIY to save some $!

Rain and 20 mph winds in north texas seems everyday this week. But Saturday is looking good!

You need to build that "wall" taller.

Comment

If your still in fence mode I got about 500’ of pipe fence that needs to be painted! I told my wife a couple years ago not to worry I would get to it as soon as the fish quit biting!!

Comment

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Gorgeous fence, but I always put the poles and rails on the inside so it’s harder to climb...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              If your still in fence mode I got about 500’ of pipe fence that needs to be painted! I told my wife a couple years ago not to worry I would get to it as soon as the fish quit biting!!
                              "Honey, people pay a premium for that vintage rusted petina"....[emoji1787]

Comment

Now that's a nice fence

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X