No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 20-25 yesterday afternoon on Palestine in a couple hours. Wasn’t near as good as it was Friday afternoon but still plenty of action. Fish were relating to the bottom so that made it tough.

Comment

Any of you crappie boys gonna be fishing the Houston area this weekend? Itching for some fillets. Can pay in beer or gas (the kinda that goes in your boat )or just along for the ride!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Went our for a couple hours this morning! Wind was rough! Had 4 2 pounders when we loaded up! BBQ was calling our name! Little man stuck the first 2 pounder and claimed big fish of the day even though his old man stuck it! 2.40.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          Went our for a couple hours this morning! Wind was rough! Had 4 2 pounders when we loaded up! BBQ was calling our name! Little man stuck the first 2 pounder and claimed big fish of the day even though his old man stuck it! 2.40.

That’s awesome!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

They have finally moved up in the creeks here in northeast Tx. Took off work today and picked up a limit fishing the main creek at my area lake. Caught a few on the bank but most were in 15 ft of water in the middle of the channel Now I got to clean em!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
              They have finally moved up in the creeks here in northeast Tx. Took off work today and picked up a limit fishing the main creek at my area lake. Caught a few on the bank but most were in 15 ft of water in the middle of the channel Now I got to clean em!
              Had 3 straight days of 80⁰+, hoping it would push them into creeks here.. and here I sit, at work, with a cold rain pouring, and 55⁰.. ugh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crappie

Managed to put together a few in less than 2' of water yesterday afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crappie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	24611994

Comment

Hammered em pretty good on Fork today. Big fish was a 2.60. Little over 15 pounds for best 7. Not bad for getting on the water about 10!

Comment

I'm on spring break and 1st half is dedicated to replacing our fence. 2nd half is for fishing!hope the weather holds up for both.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      I'm on spring break and 1st half is dedicated to replacing our fence. 2nd half is for fishing!hope the weather holds up for both.
                      I have a better solution. Go fishing now and hope that the weather holds up for the fence.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        I have a better solution. Go fishing now and hope that the weather holds up for the fence.

Weather is a bit crappy/crappie in dallas already!

Did you kick Rayburn's butt this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Weather is a bit crappy/crappie in dallas already!

Did you kick Rayburn's butt this weekend?
                          Not really tried to find them in the grass but just scattered. There were plenty out on piles but I do that all year. Sometimes I'm just hard headed [emoji23]

Comment

I had the chance to meet Hogslayer and his wife. It's obviously the fisherwoman in the family is. What a nice couple. Sorry about the coordinates. He gave me some jig's that his son makes I have to say they are very nice and catch fish. Oh ask Mike about his beer[emoji23]

Comment

If the jig won't keep bass from biting it then his boy needs more practice trying them!

Seriously that jig looks great. He needs to bring enough to sell some at the getogether.

I have never had the luck or patience to chase shallow crappie. I know slew loves it so ask him for tips![emoji38]

Comment

Couple hours last night with Wife and Granddaughter

Went out a couple hours last night and caught a dozen or so, have to see when I clean them this morning. Granddaughter had a blast catching them, even the wife pulled in a couple

Side note: I heard Navy Chief was in my spot again with 22. I thought you didn't like fishing that dirty water Go back to the River and chase those Whites, leave my Crappie alone
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X