No announcement yet.

Prayers and advice needed....pending divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please read my comments knowing they have been life to me and my marriage.

1. She doesn't owe you anything. It is quite possible your expectations of her are the biggest problem of all. Unrealistic expectations set others up for failure, which leads to depression and your disappointment.
    2. You owe her unconditional love. When you wake up and your goal is to love your wife without expecting anything in return, you will be free and you will value partnership more than service.
    3. If you both decide that connection is the first and most important goal of your relationship, submit to God, your marriage will have a hope of restoration.

Consider these things
    Last edited by topshot; 01-17-2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous1 View Post
      While I know I’m not perfect and have a lot of things I need to change about myself she has gotten extremely lazy. She no longer works, on the weekends she stays in bed all day. I’m talking about only getting out long enough to go to the bathroom or a snack and then back to bed. During the week she gets up and takes son to school, in her jp's mind you, and as soon as she gets back home it’s back to bed to watch tv or play on her tablet. If I ask her to do anything she yells at me saying I’m controlling her. I honestly don’t know how she is going to support herself if the divorce happens. She won’t be able to live off my 20% alone.
      Here’s my opinion bud.

She’s depressed and needs help. She may not know it yet, and neither do you, but it’s obvious to me. I had a live in girlfriend for 4 years at one point in my life. Exactly what you’re describing is going on in your marriage is what happened to our relationship.

A year or so after we split I talked to her and she told me that she was battling major depression while we were together. It made sense to me and I had wondered why I didn’t consider that.

She’s doing well now. Last I heard she’s married now with a great career and extremely active and fit.

I’m willing to bet you can work this out. Don’t forget you said, “for better or worse.”

Comment

Did your wife ever get help with her depression?

Comment

Sorry you’re having to go through that brotha.

Comment

Has there been any updates bud?

Comment

Working...
            X