Dallas Cowboys 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I let him walk over 35mil....I don't know what you do from there, but I'm not doing that. Jerry will, fyi. Under 35 I think I take my chances with him, simply because of where contracts and CBA are headed....and because I remember Quincy Carter...

And Clint stoerner, Anthony Wright, Chutch, Ryan Leaf, and probably one or two others I can’t think of right now. It was quarterback helI between Aikmam and Romo, but the rest of the team really sucked too.

I like how all these players play for the love of the game and not the money, but can turn down 100+ mil guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Ding ding dinggggg love reading I’m not alone in this thought process! pretty sure in a what have you done for more recently several of those guys have led/managed their teams much further than dak...so it can be done!! If the Jones’ buckle again after zeke I’m done

If it were me I think I would rather take a slight hometown discount to help my team’s cap situation. Dak will be able to make up for the difference in endorsements. Being the QB for the Dallas Cowboys has its perks.

I let him walk over 35mil....I don't know what you do from there, but I'm not doing that. Jerry will, fyi. Under 35 I think I take my chances with him, simply because of where contracts and CBA are headed....and because I remember Quincy Carter...
      Oh gosh. Not Quincy.

I think 35 is my limit too. I’m afraid though that we’ll end up franchising him and there will be a nasty holdout. Then we’ll miss out on the QBs I noted above and/or give into Dak’s demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
        If it were me I think I would rather take a slight hometown discount to help my team’s cap situation. Dak will be able to make up for the difference in endorsements. Being the QB for the Dallas Cowboys has its perks.

Oh gosh. Not Quincy.

I think 35 is my limit too. I’m afraid though that we’ll end up franchising him and there will be a nasty holdout. Then we’ll miss out on the QBs I noted above and/or give into Dak’s demands.

He also gets a tax break so there’s that as well.... the fact we’re talking about Dak Prescott being the highest paid QB in NFL is insane even top 5!

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2020

Someone name a legitimate well run organization that’ll pay Dak more?

Comment

Dak has always talked about how he wants to be a Cowboy for life and how he loves it here. Yet he, or his agent, is wanting $40 million a year. By playing for The Boys, he has no state income tax, he'll be the face of the biggest and most followed team in all of sports. Because of that, he'll have enormous endorsement offers, and all the fame he can handle. Just don't pay him $40,000,000 a year. I say trade him, or let him walk. Let's see how he likes playing for a team like the Dolphins or Bengals. Maybe Buffalo would trade for him and he can deal with their weather in the winter.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It has been proven over and over again, in nearly every professional sport, that players and their agents pay no attention to tax implications as they relate to salaries and contracts. Forget about the "no state income tax" angle. Are there side benefits to being a Dallas Cowboy player, and especially quarterback? Yes, IF you're any good. So far some companies have liked Prescott well enough to pay him. Might that increase? Yes. Might it decrease? Yes. I don't know that asking a player to take a discount, or at least what the player considers to be a discount, because he m i g h t make some endorsement money is realistic. So, that pretty much leaves D. Prescott wanting what he wants. And Cowboy management wanting to pay what they want to pay. I foresee a franchise tag.

A trade is not likely or realistic in my opinion. If i had to bet, i'd bet on Stephen shoving Jerry up against the wall and insisting on the franchise tag. We'll see...

Personally i view Prescott much like i did T. Romo. I think he's good enough, IF, he has a good enough team around him. I don't view him as a "savior" type qb. I don't know what all the alternatives might be. But, i'd be looking at all alternatives before i even paid him "Franchise Tag" money. Again, we'll see...
              Last edited by mikemorvan; 03-12-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Franchise his greedy azz and start looking for his replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  He also gets a tax break so there’s that as well.... the fact we’re talking about Dak Prescott being the highest paid QB in NFL is insane even top 5!

Kirk Cousins, and Matt Stafford both were...it's the QB market. Granted, that was Min and Det..

Denver comes to mind, not sure who else, but someone will pay it.

Comment

I like Dak. He is a solid player,not great and not bad either. CUT his Arse and move on!

Comment

Kirk Cousins, and Matt Stafford both were...it's the QB market. Granted, that was Min and Det..

Hence the “legitimate well run org” clause

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        It has been proven over and over again, in nearly every professional sport, that players and their agents pay no attention to tax implications as they relate to salaries and contracts. Forget about the "no state income tax" angle. Are there side benefits to being a Dallas Cowboy player, and especially quarterback? Yes, IF you're any good. So far some companies have liked Prescott well enough to pay him. Might that increase? Yes. Might it decrease? Yes. I don't know that asking a player to take a discount, or at least what the player considers to be a discount, because he m i g h t make some endorsement money is realistic. So, that pretty much leaves D. Prescott wanting what he wants. And Cowboy management wanting to pay what they want to pay. I foresee a franchise tag.

A trade is not likely or realistic in my opinion. If i had to bet, i'd bet on Stephen shoving Jerry up against the wall and insisting on the franchise tag. We'll see...

Personally i view Prescott much like i did T. Romo. I think he's good enough, IF, he has a good enough team around him. I don't view him as a "savior" type qb. I don't know what all the alternatives might be. But, i'd be looking at all alternatives before i even paid him "Franchise Tag" money. Again, we'll see...
                        Tony only had a couple good teams around him, that is why he was so beat up, he had to run for his life most of the time, had to score lots of points because they had no defenses most of his career. I could care less about stats, I use the eye test, to me Dak is an above average QB who deserves to be paid like one, not a top 5 QB. If I were the owner I would not let Dak walk over me because he thinks I have no other options, I would bite the bullet and try and trade or move up in the draft for a QB, McCarthy is supposed to be a QB guru, let him do his job.

Comment

I believe the only team in the NFL that may pay it is Dallas, no one else is stupid enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            I believe the only team in the NFL that may pay it is Dallas, no one else is stupid enough.

Gotta love bidding against yourself [emoji1782]

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Did you forget that Mark Davis and Danny Snyder own teams? If there was a way to make that bet work, I'd be eatin free oysters for a while!

Congrats on the new location, BTW. Shuck Me's success has been impressive. My family are big fans.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2020

FWIW Tom Brady has never been the highest paid qb an we see how that worked out

I’d rather mold my organization after the patriots than the jets an redskins

Comment

Working...
                                X