Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    I went on a 33 mile group ride yesterday in Tomball/Cypress. Was doing the best I have done to date until about 4 miles left. I was next up to pull the group, so one behind the lead bike at 25MPH. I looked up to scan the road ahead and at that time, my front tire over took his rear tire by about 2 inches. When I looked back down, before I could slow up to fall back, he went to the left and my front tire came out from under me. I hit hard and bounce/slid on the road. Helmet really saved me from any serious injury. My head smacked the pavement very hard, so much so that my teeth cracked together. It kind of knocked me out of it for a sec. Everyone in the group and cars stopped right away and checked on me and helped get me out of the road.

Crazy how the body will shoot you full of adrenaline, I didn't feel any of my injuries until I started riding again. Had about 4 miles left as I mentioned and those were a LONG 4 as my hip started to throb more and more.

Mainly my right hip, shoulder and neck are what hurt this morning. Of course the rash hurts but thats a given.

Thank God for helmets and him taking care of me to keep me from getting hit by a car when I went down. Lesson learned about watching my tire placement in a draft.

Glad you’re ok! I crashed on the Spring Creek Greenway a couple weeks ago. Too fast through a wet downhill curve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Glad you’re ok! I crashed on the Spring Creek Greenway a couple weeks ago. Too fast through a wet downhill curve.

Man, I hate making turns on wet or roads with small debris on them. I try to trust my tires like a motorcycle but it still makes me cringe.

Glad you are good as well!

Comment

I hit the gym after work yesterday and to my surprise it wasn't crowded at all. I'll try again this afternoon and see how it goes. Chest and bicep supersets. 4 different movements 3X10. I tried to keep it on the moderate weight side to keep from being too sore the next couple of days. I don't think I kept it light enough cuz I'm feeling it now!

Bench press/preacher curl/incline situps
        Bilateral incline press/barbell curl/hanging leg raise
        Inverse grip bench press/incline DB press/ab roller
        Pec deck/Hammer curl bar

Back and triceps today. Maybe.

Comment

Weight loss has stopped and now going the wrong way so I got back at it yesterday. 2 rounds of 10 station circuit training followed by 2.5m speed walk/jog in 14.5 minutes

Followed up this morning with 4.4 miles speedwalk/jog in 52 minutes.

Comment

2.2 mile jog yesterday

Day 5 of whole30. Yesterday’s jog was miserable/weak and imagine it’s primarily because of the new diet.

Will do another 2-3 mile jog tomorrow or Sunday

Comment

Back in the gym yesterday afternoon after work. It's not ideal for me, but it will have to work until Monday when the locker rooms open back up. Then I can get back on schedule. Maybe that will fix my disposition a little.

Back and tricep supersets 4X4X8-10. I was running out of steam near the end, but finished it.

Bilateral lat pulldown/tricep pushdown
              Barbell row/body weight dips
              T-bar row/overhead cable extension
              Body weight ring pullups/cable kickbacks

No abs because they're sore AF. So is my chest, biceps.....Feel the burn. I love it.

Comment

Got back in the gym this week after the 2 month covid vacation.

Everything on me is sore.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Knocked out 2.25 miles today and mowed the yard (counting the scraps )

Sore and outta shape. Sucks.

Comment

Had a rough go of reacquainting myself with running at 0500 this week. And the humidity is such a killer. But I made it to Friday. Went for a 40 mile ride this morning and happened to come across a triathlon buddy. Rode the back half of the ride together, which was cool. Got home, jumped in the pool with half a watermelon. It’s been a good day. Naptime.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      Back in the gym yesterday afternoon after work. It's not ideal for me, but it will have to work until Monday when the locker rooms open back up. Then I can get back on schedule. Maybe that will fix my disposition a little.

Back and tricep supersets 4X4X8-10. I was running out of steam near the end, but finished it.

Bilateral lat pulldown/tricep pushdown
                      Barbell row/body weight dips
                      T-bar row/overhead cable extension
                      Body weight ring pullups/cable kickbacks

No abs because they're sore AF. So is my chest, biceps.....Feel the burn. I love it.

So you mix push and pull on the same day ?

How old are you if you don’t mind ? General age area.

I’m 61 and if I mixed push/pull o the same day, I might die the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3.75mi today

Felt pretty decent to. Will probably hold off until Tuesday for the next run.

Comment

absent a couple more kettlebells and a few more sets of plates, my garage has come through over the last few months. I have been on a good roll of working out pretty much everyday, mostly utilizing a lift or 2 of some sort and then a workout from wodster.

today was flat bench and then a workout called "21-15-9 complex" and it was a *****

for time...

8 deadlift-155lb
                          7 clean-155lb
                          6 snatch-155lb
                          8 pullups
                          7 chest to bar pullups
                          6 bar muscle up

6 deadlift
                          5 clean
                          4 snatch
                          6 pullups
                          5 chest to bar
                          4 muscle up

4 dl
                          3 clean
                          2 snatch
                          4 pullup
                          3 chest to bar
                          2 muscle up

because of my knee I have switched all my cardio to my mountain bike and feel like I can tell a difference on my knees and ankles. we have a pretty cool 4 mile city trail that's 1 mile from the house, takes me about 45mins to leave the house and make it back.

Comment

I am hoping my knee is good enough to run on by the fall so I can do a tough mudder in November

has anyone ever done an adventure race? http://toocoolracing.com/

looks pretty cool but I would like to hear hw legit they really are if anyone has any experience...

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                              So you mix push and pull on the same day ?

How old are you if you don’t mind ? General age area.

I’m 61 and if I mixed push/pull o the same day, I might die the next morning.

For the most part, yes. Usually something like an upper body push/lower body pull or lower body push/upper body pull. Like today, it was upper body pull and lower body push. All supersets. It works for me is all I can say. I'm 61 also and try to hit everything at least twice per week. I'm trying to work myself back in since this Covid crap closed m gym. Newt week will probably be supersets/strip sets with a push/pull emphasis. THAT will be painful.

The gym showers finally opened so I could get back to my regular routine and workout before work. I'm a happy camper. Back and legs today 4 different movements each 3X10. Treadmill warmup.

Lat pull down/leg extension/incline situps
                              T-bar row/supersquat/hanging leg raise
                              Standing wide grip pulldown/seated calf raise/ab roller
                              V-bar bodywieght pullups/weighted air squat

Tomorrow is chest and hammies.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                For the most part, yes. Usually something like an upper body push/lower body pull or lower body push/upper body pull. Like today, it was upper body pull and lower body push. All supersets. It works for me is all I can say. I'm 61 also and try to hit everything at least twice per week. I'm trying to work myself back in since this Covid crap closed m gym. Newt week will probably be supersets/strip sets with a push/pull emphasis. THAT will be painful.

The gym showers finally opened so I could get back to my regular routine and workout before work. I'm a happy camper. Back and legs today 4 different movements each 3X10. Treadmill warmup.

Lat pull down/leg extension/incline situps
                                T-bar row/supersquat/hanging leg raise
                                Standing wide grip pulldown/seated calf raise/ab roller
                                V-bar bodywieght pullups/weighted air squat

Tomorrow is chest and hammies.

Gotcha

I can’t handle push pull upper body on the same day. Like triceps/biceps.

I can handle quads and hammys without much problem.

I think my issue really is my right elbow ligament is partially torn and needing TJ surgery. When I combo push pull, I think that ulnar nerve doesn’t get a chance to recover. I recently picked up some stretching techniques for that tendon I hope will keep the tendon from inflammation.

Good to see you hitting it hard, not many of us old timers still hittin’ it.

Comment

Working...
                                X