2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    What GPS are you guys running? I need to decide on mine in the next few days. Leaning towards the Garmin 94sv.
    That's what I am running.

Comment

What GPS are you guys running? I need to decide on mine in the next few days. Leaning towards the Garmin 94sv.
      I've never been a fancy GPS/finder guy but the last Boatright I got used came with an HDS9 Gen 2 and that thing blows me away. He's put a satellite overlay or something on it and I've actually used the view to navigate all the places around POC where you really need local knowledge and so far that overlay matches up perfectly. Obviously things can change over time though but the detail to me is mind boggling. Now if I can just figure out how to get it to calculate fuel usage it'd be great, Glenn doesn't like putting gas gauges in his boats. I can see current rate of burn and engine temp and stuff so the NMEA is working just don't know how to make it keep track of how much was used since the last fill up.

Comment

I like my Garmin. Its a few years old but its a 741xs. I am about to order the standard mapping chip with the texas coast google earth overlay

Comment

I have a Garmin 74cv and it does just fine. I’m plan on putting a TX chip in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a Garmin Echomap Plus 94sv. Easy to use and awesome!

Comment

I’m running lowrance HDS 9 live with satellite overlay map and it’s been working great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I have a Lowrance Hook2 9.
                How do you like yours? I saw one in action the last time I was in Sargent, and it looked like the screen was very bright & clear. All I want is depth & mapping, so I'm leaning towards this one if and when I pull the trigger on a boat.

Comment

Decided to wade a new spot here in rockport and ended up with this guy

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24621467
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24621468

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                    How do you like yours? I saw one in action the last time I was in Sargent, and it looked like the screen was very bright & clear. All I want is depth & mapping, so I'm leaning towards this one if and when I pull the trigger on a boat.

I like it. I bought because is got a good deal on it. I don’t use it too often, mainly just when I’m exploring another bay system.

Comment

Fun day throwing a variety of soft plastics at em... limits of both and I released a 30” red on the first wade that fell for a plum chart super model DSL. Overcast had em munching all day long
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I like it. I bought because is got a good deal on it. I don’t use it too often, mainly just when I’m exploring another bay system.
                        Boom.

Comment

Getting ready for the POC 4th of July boat parade.
                          My crew bought a few flags.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Getting ready for the POC 4th of July boat parade.
                            My crew bought a few flags.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            I don't mean to pry, as I know some take this as a sensitive subject, but............

Who again, do you plan to vote for?

Comment

Another good 3 man limit Josh.

Comment

Way to go Josh!

Comment

Working...
                                X